See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed at Camp 28 as part of a group. Our snowmobile club did it's annual ride from Rib Lake this year. The staff in the bar and restaurant was very helpful and welcoming. They were willing to do whatever they could to accommodate us. They were good about seating our large group (17) in the restaurant and letting us use the banquet facilities for playing cards, etc. The food was standard and no complaints. Breakfast was good and served timely.

The rooms are basic. There are old TV's in the rooms with just a converter box. We were only able to get one PBS channel in our room. The bar has satellite TV. There are no hair dryers.

The beds were so-so. If you have back issues these beds are not going to be comfortable. What really bothered me though was the tub area was not clean. There was hair everywhere. There was still a mark where the soap had previously sat. When I turned on the water a clump of hair floated out. And even more gross (yes it gets worse) was something on the wall of the shower that I choose to believe was shampoo or conditioner. Now, I probably would not have put all this into a review on trip advisor since I hate to hurt a business that probably doesn't have much of a profit margin, but, I emailed to Camp 28 to tell them about the problem with the shower/tub and that virtually everyone in our group had the same problem with hair in the shower/tub and felt like it was dirty. I wanted to give the management an opportunity to acknowledge and correct the situation, but there was no acknowledgement what so ever of the problem. I don't want to tell people to absolutely not stay here because it is a pretty setting over the lake and the people that we dealt with did work hard to please. I would recommend that before staying here I would ask to check the room being assigned and verify that it is clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view. Ask to see the room before committing to stay. Especially check the shower/tub area to make sure it has been properly cleaned.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Pat S
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My wife and I stayed 2 nights on our Fall Foliage drive. The room was very clean and everything worked. They only have 8 rooms the door between ours and the next had a 3/4 inch gap under it so noises between rooms are possible. Also having a bar on site means noise outside. I would suggest a 2nd floor end room if you wish quiet. The TV only has about 8 channels but reception is good. If you are a NASCAR fan this place is owned by Dave Marcus an ex driver but it is leased to someone else. The service was good, Food was pretty good as well and a nice lumberjack theme to the restaurant. Large lake across the street and all rooms face it. We would definitely stay again. It was enjoyable!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steven D
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Manager promised rooms and cots but did not deliver. Had his staff tell us he was out of town when he was on the premises. Rooms are very basic and service is practically nonexistent. Will never stay here again. Drive a little farther and stay in Medford.

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Basilromano
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Small establishment with 11 rooms with bar and restaurant connected. Rooms are very affordable and clean with great views of lake. No add-ons such as hair dryer, HBO, and pool. Very good value and friendly host/staff. We brought our goldwing chapter here for our fall color ride and had a great stay!! We would definitely come back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amy K
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Our family had their reunion in Rib Lake and a number of the families stayed at Camp 28. The service was great. The new managers and owners treated us well. They had a continental breakfast in the morning with fresh fruit, sweets and coffee. The resturant was getting ready to reopen in a week from when we were there at the end of July, 2012. The rooms were clean and of course the view of the lake off the front decking was breathtaking. If you haven't been there in a while give it another try you will love the new people.
Marlene

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the lake if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family