All reviewsstevens pointclean hotelcookiesbrew pubhotel is locatedgreat hotelwalking distancesmall townfamily funeralstrip mallwisconsin rapidsfree breakfaststaff was friendlyfront desk staffa great experiencegreat jobfitness center
Reviewed 11 August 2017

We chose to stay at the Hampton in Plover when visiting family. I usually stay at a Hilton hotel when I travel for business so I know what to expect. The stay was great. They moved us to a bigger room to accommodate the "pack & play" we had for our infant. It was right off the highway and there are a lot of restaurants close by.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Amy B, Manager at Hampton Inn Plover / Stevens Point, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed everything with your stay and hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

My family and I almost always stay at Hampton Inns when we travel. I have stayed at this Hampton in the past and have received excellent service; not this time. Housekeeping never made it to our room. When I informed the desk clerk of this later in the day as I needed clean wash clothes, the clerk said nothing. I at least expected an apology and an inquiry as to whether I needed anything else. When I checked out, I also told a different clerk about the housekeeping issue. Her only words were that she would inform housekeeping staff about this. (Well, gee nice for the next guest, but that didn't help me!). Granted I had the "do not disturb" sign out until 9:45 AM but then I was gone for the rest of the day. So much for that 100% satisfaction guarantee.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Amy B, Manager at Hampton Inn Plover / Stevens Point, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

First and foremost I would like to apologize for the lack of apology that you received from the staff. That is unacceptable and is being addressed as we speak. In speaking with the executive housekeeper she meant to go back to your room later in the day but got caught up with something else. She is very sorry that happened. With that being said we are taking care of your stay and you will be receiving a credit on your card. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact the property. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and we hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

I honestly do not understand the rave reviews that are on here. I'm not saying it's a bad place to stay, but it definitely does not deserve an excellent rating, and I'm hard pressed to even say very good.
I'll start with the good stuff: the staff here are all very friendly. We stayed for a few nights, and we were always greeted when we entered and offered good wishes when we left. Everyone we spoke with tried to be as helpful as possible, and always a friendly tone. Housekeeping did a pretty good job cleaning up the room each day, and the beds were made very well. (This is a pet peeve of mine, so I notice when it's done well.) Check-in was quick, and both our rooms were ready on time. They have cookies and coffee/tea/hot chocolate available in the lobby in the afternoons (beverages are all the time). If you are going to be in Plover, the location is good because there are several good restaurants nearby--Christian's Bistro, ASoshal, Mikey's, etc. are all good. IHOP is across the street, and there is a Dunkin Donuts right down the block for a good cup of coffee.
So, the other stuff: the rooms are pretty small. Don't expect anything beyond the basics. There wasn't even a fridge in the room. For whatever bizarro reason, they keep the coffeemaker IN THE BATHROOM. YUCK. DOUBLE YUCK. That's just gross. Don't do that. The beds are SO uncomfortable. The mattresses are either really, really cheap, or really, really old. The pillows are essentially 3 cotton balls in a pillowcase. We got the worst night's sleep, all of us. The pool is small, really small. They were remodeling while we were there, and that really ticked me off. There was nothing on the website about remodeling when I booked. Had I known that, I for sure would have booked somewhere else. 8:00 in the morning on our second morning, we wake to hammers banging away. (After getting, like, no sleep because of the awful beds.) Seriously? 8:00 am? And, I gotta say, the wifi kinda sucked. Took forever to get devices connected, and would boot us off every single day. And, just know that there is a max of 3 devices per room. If you have kids, this could be problematic.
Overall, it's just really average. There is nothing special here, with the exception of the friendly staff. For my money, I'll skip this next time and go back to the Holiday Inn, or try the new Cobblestone that they're building downtown in Stevens Point.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Amy B, Manager at Hampton Inn Plover / Stevens Point, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Very friendly staff, clean room, comfortable bed, an overall very nice stay at a great property. Close to many food and beverage choices all within walking distance. Breakfast was good, and the complimentary wi-fi kept up with my usage even though it was a full house.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am very pleased that you enjoyed everything with your stay and the surrounding amenities. We look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Our team stayed at the Hampton for a weekend tournament. They were very accommodating with reservation arrangements and they even had morning breakfast prepared early so we could leave by 5 am. Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. Your group is a blast to have at the hotel year after year. We look forward to many more.