“Never Again!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Pewaukee
Weston, WI
“Never Again!”
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I needed a last minute hotel room for a Dr appointment in Milwaukee. I made a same day reservation and requested a quiet room. Upon check in I was told the desk clerk that my room was "quiet". Imagine my suprise when I got to my room and could literally reach out my window and touch the highway. I asked for a different room and was told there were none on the quiet side available. In addition, the room was threadbare and worn, the tv was a older model and could not be viewed from the sitting area.....if this is how this hotel treats friends and family I would hate to be a stranger. I have many more visits to the Dr in Milwaukee but will not be staying at this hotel

Room Tip: make sure whirlpool and pool are open
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Chicago USA
Reviewed 25 April 2010

I stayed 5 nights at the Comfort Suites on business and was very impressed by the property and by the friendly staff.
My King room in the 3rd floor was spacious and immaculately clean. The bathroom was huge and well appointed and kept spotless during my all too brief stay.
My favorite feature of the room was the large L-shaped desk, with an excellent lamp which included power outlets, saving me from grovelling on the floor to hook up. Wireless internet is available and complimentary and worked flawlessly. The room had a large flat screen tv mounted on the wall facing a comfy leather chair with ottoman.
The room faced the highway (I 94) so wasn't vault-like quiet but I had no trouble falling asleep on the nice firm bed. The pillows were small 16 inch squares and a tad soft- I'd have preferred firmer king-size pillows. The linens were changed upon request.

The hotel features a handsome breakfast spread-mainly breads and pastries but there is a hot tray with sausages and eggs and a waffle maker. The breakfast is served in a nice room with firelace which doubles as the bar in the evenings. The woman who tends the bar there is very personable and has a great attitude for the job.

The lobby is whimsically decorated in a North Woods style and has many comfy sitting areas and is a great place to relax.

There is a large indoor pool and hot tub which has an adults-only hour from 9.30 pm.

Within a two minute walk are two very good restaurants- the Machine Shed and the Thunder Bay Grille. The latter has great food and a fine bar which draws a crowd. Smoking is permitted at the bar. Bar staff are very friendly and efficient. TBG adjoins the Radisson hotel which owns all the properties and can be proud of the little enclave of quality and service the hotels and restaurants provide. Very impressive.

Comfort Suites was a new name to me- but I would give them first shot at my business wherever I go in the Midwest.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 August 2009

I stay in hotels more than 150 nights a year. All I can say is that when you are away from home that often, you really try to find a quality hotel and staff to make your stay more enjoyable. Never before have I seen the quality of service that I experience when I stay at this hotel. Jeff and the staff here are always willing to go up and above what you will see at other hotels. From the moment you walk in the door, you feel like they truly want to give you a pleasant experience. I have been in the lobby when they are checking people in and it doesn't matter if you are a first time customer or a seasoned veteran like me, they treat you like your business matters to them.

The Service levels at this location are not the only advantage to this hotel. The pool area is very nice. The rooms are spacious and decorated beautifully. And... The pillows. If you ever stay there you will know what I mean. The pillows are extraordinarily good.

Thank you Jeff and the rest of the staff for making my nights away from home more bearable. Also, thanks for making the rewards points nights I use with my family there just as special. My wife and children love it too!

It is because of your service that I will attain Diamond status this year at CH. You have definitely taken a customer away from two other national chains.

Sean M.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Rhode Island
Reviewed 1 July 2009

We are in Pewauken while on our last leg of a week lomg trip to Madison and the Dells. We decided on this hotel based on the reviews and the location. I was not disappointed when entering the lobby to checkin. The hotel appears new and in good condition. Pros and Cons listed below:
Pros:
1. Good size room with 2 double beds and a sleep sofa. Room enough for 5.
2. Our room had direct access to the pool which was a bonus feature for my 2 girls.
3. Pool was nice and warm also very quiet. Hot tub was also nice.
4. Pool area is immaculate.
5. Decent breakfast (and free) with enough to choose for all of us.
6. Free WIFI.
7. No problem with early checkin and stayed till the last few minutes of checkout time without being bothered.

Cons:
1. No blanket on the pullout just sheets. It was too late to ask for a blanket so I slept with just the sheet and was a bit cold.
2. The room looked clean but had the feel that it needed a wipedown. Maybe it was a case of the humidity from the pool but the tables seemed to have a sticking feeling to them.
3. Would have liked a room with a table for dining but sacrificed to have the access to the pool - not really a complaint.
4. The tub was a bit beat up, looked like something sharp had fallen and made gashes in the finish.
Definitely more pros than cons and would stay here again. The staff was friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
CSPEW, Manager at Wildwood Lodge, responded to this review, 21 August 2009
We thank you for your comments about our hotel. It is our intention to provide the best possible service and we apologize that the room was not in your satisfaction. Comments like yours are helpful in allowing our management team know about things, so we can make it right.

We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you at our hotel in the future.

Your home away from home!
Comfort Suites Lake Country
Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 February 2009

This was a great hotel with a very appealing decor, made it feel like you were in a cabin. The b-fast had alot to offer & was very tasty. We had a whirlpool suite & the room was very clean & comfy. Definetly will stay again. Oh yeah The Machine Shed restraunt was a great place to eat which is adjacent to the hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
CSPEW, Manager at Wildwood Lodge, responded to this review, 21 August 2009
We thank you for your comments about our hotel. We look forward to having you back with us when you are in the area next.

Once again, thank you for choosing us as your destination place and your home away from home----Comfort Suites Lake Country!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pewaukee
0.1 km away
5.1 km away
Hampton Inn Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
#1 of 13 in Brookfield

Been to Wildwood Lodge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK