“Wow, we must have been invisible!”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Ranked #5 of 63 Restaurants in Onalaska
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 40
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Went in on a Friday night at 8:20pm, not too busy. Hostess sat us in a booth surrounded buy other full tables/booth, gave us our menus, and that was the extent of human contact. 8-10 minutes later we were not even acknowledged, not a 'hi, I'll be right with you'...nothing. We got up & left and even then, nobody noticed! Such a shame, I was looking forward to an bloomin' onion.

OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

We feel terrible about your experience. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Onalaska, WI". We can then correspond directly over email.

Madeline

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We were visiting relatives in Iowa and came for dinner. We started with the typical blooming onion, which was good. I had the chicken with mushrooms, bacon, cheese and it was very good. Others had steak and steak with coconut shrimp and really enjoyed it.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

We took our family here on an Outback gift card from a poor past experience. (The past experience was a carryout.) We dined in with our daughters, 6 and 8. My steak came out and was cooked just a bit over, but fine. My husband's was fine as well, and my 6 year old was ok with hers. However, all of us were done eating and my 8 year old never got the kids burger she ordered. It was a kids burger. When the waiter delivered the food to the table, he said her burger was under cooked, so it would be awhile. She actually ordered it rare, and we all said to just bring it. Her burger never came to the table, but we all shared with her.

OutbackGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Hello Tammy,

We're sad to hear about the issues your family experienced. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Onalaska". We can then correspond directly over email.

Amy

Reviewed 27 June 2017

My husband and I both had the grilled salmon. It was wonderful. The dinner included fresh baked bread and mixed vegetables. We ordered a salad as a side and it too was wonderful. It had a variety of salad greens, tomatoes, cucumber, onion slice, croutons, and homemade blue cheese dressing. The price was great. Highly recommend. If you are staying at the Hampton, it's right across the parking lot.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

We arrived and were seated promptly. Our server, Jay, introduced himself. From that point I knew it would be a enjoyable experience, and it was. The salads were a nice size and a variety of fresh ingredients. The steak was done perfectly and was seasoned perfectly. My loaded baked potato was moist and flavorful. A great meal for a great price - $11.99 for my meal. Just hearing the banter Jay had with the other tables - made one feel relaxed and knew you would be taken care of properly. On the exit, there were 2 people at the Host stand and they thanked us as we left. Great and friendly staff.