“First try at a Hilton Garden Inn. This one was in a great location, and very well maintained!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc

Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Oconomowoc
richmond,virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn last summer. The hotel was quite well maintained, the lobby really very pretty. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We stayed in one of the junior suites as my adult daughter was staying with us, so that she could have a little more privacy. I really liked the room, as , say, compared to a regular Hampton Inn. I agree with the other reviewer in that I was surprised that we would have to pay for breakfast, as I also was so used to so many hotels, including the Hampton Inns, which we use often, and Embassy Suites, always including it as part of the amenities. That was the only "down" side of the hotel that I could see, if you could really call it a down side, as in," it is what it is. " But the hotel was quite nice, it was right next to a Pik N Save grocery store, that we could have walked to if we chose, as well as a Brennan's Market, (more upscale,) across the street, that had a great selection of fresh produce, wines, cheeses, etc, The room includes a microwave, mini -frig, and coffee maker, so we were set. Very clean, very comfortable. Bed was "adjustable", with baffles, for the firmness level you choose. Hotel is directly off 1-94, easy to find, and 30 minutes via 1-94 directly to Milwaukee, 45 minutes to Madison. The Hotel is located in Pabst Farms, a beautiful area, and Oconomowoc itself, is a great, upscale area, and with many many great restaurants, shops, places to see,etc . I will most definitely stay here again!!! Thoroughly enjoyable! Good center point for going so many places easily!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank loving-bears
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

I am finally getting around to this review. We stayed here for two night right before Christmas while visiting family. Overall, it is a very nice hotel. Our room was spacious (upgraded to a jr. suite) and very clean. The hotel was quite, but I am not sure if that was because it is generally quiet or if it was because it was pretty empty. The pool area is very nice and the spa was the perfect temperature. The front desk staff seemed very nice and always had a smile for us when we would come and go. One thing I thought was "interesting"; it was posted that there would be no maid service on Christmas day. While I appreciate the sentiment, I thought this was a little odd for a business that runs 24/7.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank WannaTravelGuy
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

While family stayed near by at the Olympia Resort, we needed opted for our own place as it was getting a bit cramped back at that condo. I read the reviews and decided to stay here. I'd never stayed at a Garden Inn so didn't realize the difference from the Hampton Inns. They have breakfast available for purchase, which others can also partake in. Usually we expect free breakfasts at the various chains, but as we had a free points night we figured now was a good time to try it.

The hotel strikes you as being brand new, but is probably several years old. When you enter, there's a very large, attractive lobby with the eating area, as compared to the many cramped rooms at other chains. The next morning, the family met us there and we all ordered from their limited, but satisfying menu. We variously had pancakes, made to order omelets, other egg dishes and numerous side dishes. The cost was more than a diner, but the availabilty and quality of food made up for it.

The room itself was very nice, similar to a Hampton. The plus is also a negative in that it is in a suburban area so there's not too much nearby, but our window looked out over a beautiful Wisconsin farm field and woods, as compared to the typical highway and fast food restaurants. It was only a short drive to other shops or restaurants and we enjoyed a brief walk around the grounds to start our day.

The one real glitch was that while the television was HD, many of the channels, including NBC weren't. This was very odd, and the picture quality was very fuzzy. The desk had no real explanation except that's how it was. As far as the meal, I was surprised to find myself willing to pay for a breakfast, as compared to the freebies. I suppose as this was an unusual situation, with family joining us but I'll definitely consider an HGI in the future over other chains. The enjoyable stay must have countered my innate desire for a free breakfast!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Frozen_Tundra_Gal
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the past three or four years. It is always consistent in it's cleanliness and professional service. The hotel is conveniently located right off of I-94. While there is not much in the area as far as food and entertainment, a movie theater and a lot of restaurants can be found about 8-10 minutes closer to Milwaukee.

The hotel is very clean & modern, with the typical HGI beds, flat screen HD tv's, a nice bar and restaurant. The staff generally remembers me and acknowledges my Hilton Honor's status.

All, in all, a good choice if you have to be in the western Waukesha County area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel- it has a nice view of a field and pond.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank BuckyBadger123
Troutman, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

I stayed at the HGI-Oconomowoc, 16-21 Oct. I appreciated the newness of the property and the clean rooms. The club chair and ottoman was very cozy. The beds were very comfortable too.

The rooms are not very sound-proof. My room was at the end of the hallway on the first floor so I heard people coming and going at night. Housekeeping was adequate. I came back to my room after the end of a long day and discovered my used, wet towel and washcloth still on the floor in the bathroom. The only other issue my boyfriend and I had was at dinner. I ordered the herb-crusted chicken and he ordered the strip steak-medium rare. My salad and our entrees both arrived at the same time. Both entrees and our baked potatoes were lukewarm at best. The 'fresh' vegetables were not cooked completely. (I suspect the cook used something like BirdsEye microwave veggies.) Our server (Hannah) forgot his salad but never came back to check on us to see if everything was okay. When she came to clear the dishes, I explained our disappointment in the dinner and she was extremely apologetic. She ended up discounting our dinners, which was unexpected but welcomed.

If I have the opportunity to stay in Oconomowoc again, I'll select this HGI.

Room Tip: Select a room away from the side entrance if you want a peaceful night's sleep. Front of the bu...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank MJGso
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oconomowoc
1.3 km away
8.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express Delafield
24.0 km away
Holiday Inn Express Watertown

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK