All reviews charcoal grill fire pit log cabin woods hammocks lisbon hosts wi
Reviewed 5 March 2015

Meredith(owner of little pond lodge cabins) and I spoke at least 5 times about our stay and she did in fact book our reservation with the understanding that because we(10 people) were coming up for an ice fishing trip(an outside event) that she would wait for the deposit on our reservations until we knew what the weather forecast would be for that weekend. She made a promise to me not once but twice, for us not worry we aren't that busy in the winter time and that if there was anybody wanting that same weekend she would call us first before booking to it anyone else. I questioned her again about this and she confirmed the second time that she would call! I told her that would be great and thanked her for working with us, and said it was very nice of them to do. I in turn promised her that she would be able to get me anytime on my cell phone as I respond to emergencies on the Great Lakes Navy Base and I answer my cell phone 24-7.....well fast forward the week of our stay, I called them to ask about our reservations etc. and no one answers so I leave a message for them to call or I could them call back the next morning. I get a call from Meredith's husband I think Mike? and he tells me that they are all booked and they canceled our reservation's because we did have a credit card on file for a deposit!! and that they are now fully book, I was beside myself to say the least! I was told abruptly that they were a first come first serve place.....Really!! than why do you take reservations at all I asked? and why do you make promises if don't intend on keeping them? etc. etc. I guess to some this up, they might be very nice people and it does look like a really nice place too, but while they are learning how to keep their word, which by the way should be there badge of honor being an owner operator! At the end of the day that's what means most....our word! to me anyways! Now all this being said be very careful as you to might be the next ones learning by their school of hard knocks of how to run a resort! Which in this case was only being paid by the customer, not them! We did find a very nice place to rent at www.vrbo.com and it was just as nice in the same area and much cheaper too!

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank MightyCosmo
MeredithSornsin, Owner at Little Pond Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2015

Oh for Pete's sake...I hate that we even have to respond to nonsense. There are several problems with these claims, which I will address.

I will admit I have overbooked a couple times on accident. I am human and I make mistakes. However, THIS IS NOT ONE OF THOSE OCCASIONS. If I make a mistake I will admit it and do my best to make things right - give a discount for another stay, find other accommodations or what ever I can do to try and make up for any error. I would much rather be in the business of making people happy then trying to purposely ruin a get away.

We do not hold a reservation without a credit card number. PERIOD. If you do not receive a confirmation from us, you do not have a reservation. The first time I spoke with this guy, he told me his trip dates and what they were doing, but they weren't ready to commit. I told him, I am not a high pressure sales person, so take their time and figure out their dates. A couple weeks later, I did follow up with him (which I thought was very nice) to see if they were any closer to making a commitment. He said no, and did not provide a card number.

When he called the week of his supposed reservation, we were booked. My husband did try to help him located another vacation rental and was very pleasant on the phone. (Let me tell you, it is hard to keep composure when people are taking out their frustration on you personally.)

This gentleman not only lied about the number of guests, and tried to rent our cabin that has a max of 6 people, but his claims are silly. I personally responded (very nicely) to him and apologized for the "confusion", but I feel that his vengeful reviews on every site he can think of are ridiculous. Give it a break dude!

In the end, I am happy we did not take a reservation from this man. I can only imagine what kind of guest he would have been and the shape of our poor little cabin after 10 men stayed the weekend.

SO for clarification to future travelers, or possible guests of Little Pond Lodge. Do not assume you have a reservation if you call for availability or quote. You must give your payment information and receive a confirmation before you have your trip secured.

Reviewed 30 January 2015

We have enjoyed our stays at the Little Pond Lodge each winter for the past four years. We were initially attracted to the cabins because the owners allowed us to bring our dog, but we have returned for that and other reasons as well. This year we stayed in "The Loft", which is a new building that also contains the owners' office. The new building is more spacious, has a hot tub, wi fi and an additional screened in room. In past years we stayed in the cabins that are also on the property. They are well kept and convenient since we were able to use the kitchens to prepare meals. Mauston and New Lisbon are not far away and have nice grocery stores and other shops. The Dells are also less than one half hour away and have many attractions as well. Needless to say we recommend Little Pond to anyone interested in staying in a reasonably priced, pet friendly cabin.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2015 via mobile

This was our first time in this part of WI. We did a lot of hiking in Buckhorn state park and visited Burr Oak winery and Carr Valley cheese factory. The cabin was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Only hiccup was when a mouse ran in while we were loading the car. Little stinker!! We just swept it out (after a small amount of squealing). You just need to keep in mind that you're in the woods and nature has no boundaries. Part of the charm I guess! Overall great place in a great location.

Date of stay: January 2015
Reviewed 17 October 2014

Our reservation was made many months in advance but the night before we left, the owner called to say she'd forgotten to write down our reservation and had booked another guest in our cabin. This was after she sent us the confirmation letter. She offered to rebook us but we were locked into our prearranged dates due to work committments. We ended up staying 1 night only on Sunday (rather than the Friday & Saturday) night we had booked and that was disappointing considering the length of drive we had to even get there. She would not accomodate any earlier check-in either but did provide a discount off of the total bill. The cabin itself was very nice and the owners have expanded the property in the last year which looks very nice. The experience could be improved by offering a larger TV and TVs in each bedroom. Also, there was no DVD player or rocking chairs on the front porch. There is no direct heat outlet in the bathroom so it tends to be colder than the kitchen/living room area where the wall heater is. No internet connection in cabin #2 which is where the owner choose to put us! Not sure we'll return again to this location due to being disappointed this year. Last year, it was a nice experience.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank skduck59
Reviewed 4 September 2014

If you want to get away and relax, this is the place to do it. It is a perfect spot to bring your favorite novel, glass of wine and comfortable blanket and cozy up to the fire. It rained the entire time I was there and it only made it more idyllic.

My cousin and I use it for our annual get together and play board games weekend and it is the perfect spot. Each cabin comes with a journal that has pages left behind from other guests. I enjoyed reading each comment and leaving one of my own.

One thing to note however: the cabins did not have a DVD player so you would have to bring your own. This is one thing that I think the owners could improve upon.

Date of stay: October 2013