Review Highlights

Nice wine tasting

Reviewed 12 July 2018
ElConquistador000
Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin

All reviews great wine wine tasting different wines tasting room hawks
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Wondered in, $4 for 6 samples. My husband and o both did a tasting so got to try a good variety. We were the only ones there so our service was good! Purchased 3 wines. I would recommend. It would be nice if they had cheese pairing to with the wine. But overall good experience.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

This is no owned by Hawks Mill winery and named WineHaus.
We enjoyed their wines but the bar attended was a little reserved with us. I guess her 20 something single guest was far more appealing then a married couple. Nevertheless we enjoyed the wines and purchased the old geezer as that’s what we felt like while there.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

Very good wine tasting and the people that helped us were very good. They have a good selection of dry red wines that I like, to the sweet white wines that my wife likes.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

My family and I have stopped in here a few times for tastings. The place is laid back and casual and reasonably priced. It’s a comfortable stop for friends and family. Wisconsin wines are different than California wines so if you are going in here expecting deep bodied wines, you might not find a ton of what you’re looking for, but if you’re interested in trying wines made from the region, you should stop in. These wines tend to be a little lighter bodied in my opinion. My father likes the sweeter wines and I like the dryer ones and we’ve both been able to find wines we like here. Their ‘wedding wine’ is a favorite. It’s worth a visit !

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Primrose is now Hawks Mill winery. Same place just now known as Hawks Mill tasting room in New Glarus. This is a must stop. Great wine, a little on the sweet side, but very good. Excellent staff! They are real pros here and know their stuff.

1  Thank magmogul
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

The atmosphere was nice and the two girls working were both nice. Neither of them said much about the different wines. There was 12 wines to choose from. You get to pick 6 for $4. My boyfriend had the top 6 and I had the bottom 6. Mine was all sweet and some were so sweet I could bearly drink them. My boyfriend said his smelled better than they tasted and we didn't buy any.

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

The only reason I am giving them 4 instead of 5 stars is because they are definitely lacking when it comes to atmosphere. I have been to many wineries and this one scores the lowest in the atmosphere department, it just doesnt have any "feel". If you are expecting to feel like you are walking into a winery, you will be disappointed. You may even recieve vibes that the wine you are tasting was made in the basement with a diy wine kit by someones weird uncle and not by a professional. Although it was lacking, I do have to say that the inside was very clean and simple. At first, the woman hosting the tasting didn't seem very welcoming but we quickly realized that it was just her personality. She had a very dry sense of humor and was difficult to read at times. I can appreciate that, we where able to break her and actually cause her to let out a couple of small giggles. Each person in our group was able to find a couple of wines that they liked and I believe that we ended up buying atleast 2 cases worth. Many of the wines are made with concord grapes, and can taste like you are drinking Welch's grape juice. Normally I prefer my wine to be a little more on the dry side but to my surprise, I actually enjoyed their concord flavors. You have to go and try their wines for yourself. Everyone has a different pallette, just because one person didn't enjoy their wine it doesn't mean you wont! For only $5 you are able to try everything that they have to offer! We will be back again!

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

When the pourer tells you it's bad believe her. Concord grapes are for eating and Chardonnay shouldn't taste like petrol.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Oh what fun....There was just my husband and myself, so we had a very personal wine tasting. I'm not a wine connoisseur, but I do know what I like....the server had me try all the wines starting with the dry (partial to sweet), but glad I did. None were what I would consider dry, dry, all very tasty. Did go home with two semi-sweet. Very informative and fun....Would definitely do again

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Not sure why this is rated so high. The place was dead and the person working seemed completely uninterested. No comparison to a real winery.