“another bucket list item crossed off”
Review of Hofbraus Milwaukee

Hofbraus Milwaukee
Ranked #255 of 1,533 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 15 August 2016

THe downtown of Milwaukee was a joy. As a native New Yorker I can be a ethnocentric snob, but this city is vibrant and alive.
One of the best mix of old buildings & new not a mish mash.THis place is a place I have looked forward to. The ambiance was great & the food authntic Reminded me of when I lved in GErmany. A must for all wurst lovers

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hofbraus Milwaukee

Reviewed 14 August 2016

We stopped in here before a Brewers game after being unable to find a sit in nearby restaurants. It was strangely quiet given the area around was crazy busy. Our server visited our table right away but after they realized we were not drinking it was obvious that the attitude changed and we had to call our server over the rest of dinner as they didn't choose to come back on their own. We stayed nonetheless and ordered food. For the sake of the food I'm glad we stayed as it was very good. We ordered the Giant Pretzel and Brats and I have to see that everything was excellent. Not sure I will come back - but will say that the food is fantastic.

Reviewed 17 May 2016

This bar reminded me so much of Oktoberfest. There was a band playing polka tunes. The beer was sold in liters. The giant pretzel was fantastic. I had a lot of fun here.There were several groups celebrating events.

Reviewed 13 April 2016 via mobile

Fun place, food was good. Service was pretty good. My kids thought it was fun environment. Price was a little high but you pay for location.

Reviewed 1 April 2016

I stopped here for lunch after taking in a local museum. Granted it was St. Patricks Day but there was only 2 people in the place. Had the free sausage plate special that you get when you buy a beer. It was OK. The bun was way too big for the sausage so the whole thing fell apart quite fast. The potato salad kind of lacked flavor. The beer was good so I think I'd rather spend an evening here drinking and not come for lunch again.