“Great Experience!”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,665 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$ 60 - US$ 80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Milwaukee has come intoits own. With world-class architecture, a buoyant lakefront, superb art museum and ever-growing fine dining scene. Which is about to become even finer.Enjoy our legendarydry aged steaks, chops and fresh seafood. 5,000 or so award winning wines. And, sublime desserts. All in an atmosphere of relaxed elegance. All just steps from the vibrant RiverWalk, Midwest Airlines Center and U.S. Cellular Arena.The Capital Grille Milwaukee. Because one unforgettable experience deserves another.
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Pleasant and polite service, great food and good company made for a great night at the Capital Grill. It was my first time at this location as I was in town on business. I had picked the location for a group of four of us based on the TripAdvisor reviews. The atmosphere was a very nice with a comfortable feel with the dark woods throughout the bar and dining area. Our server Machala was outstanding, she was prompt, pleasant, knowledgeable and always arriving with a smile. The food was cooked to perfection, I had the 10oz filet, and the others at the table each had a different steak on the menu. We all gave it a big thumbs up! We had mushrooms, mashed potatoes and asparagus for sides and all tasted good, but nothing topped the taste of the meat, just great tasty steaks. They also had a great wine selection and a good selection of brown liquor's (e.g. bourbon, scotch and Irish whiskey, etc). A good night had by all!

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Went there tonight for the wagyu and wine. Got seated in the dining room by my mistake. The waitress was cool and let us sit there instead of the lounge. The burgers and wine was the best. Probably the best burger and fries we ever had. Wine was also exceptional. I'm checking the capital grille in Dallas when I return and hope that they have the same special. A great meal and service.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank dallasguyDallas
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Many years ago, my dear ol' dad took my partner (Bram) and me to The Capital Grille (TCG), where Bram learned about "real" T-bone steaks. That was the first - and last - special meal Bram had with my dad. SInce then, TCG held a special place in my heart, so one year, I took my sister-in-law there to celebrate my dad (dad had taken her there too, once, for something special).

Before departing on Amtrak, I returned my rental car ... exactly next door to TCG. Perhaps it was karma ... I fetched Bram and we returned to TCG for a special, sentimental meal.

Brian was our server - and he's a server par excellence! Brian made our accidental visit a true anniversary celebration, totally to my surprise and delight! A fresh red rose, a card and cute sprinkles on the table, and a very special anniversary dessert ... WOW!

And our meal - as excellent and special as ever! A bottle of the day's featured zinfandel, a gorgeous and tasty lobster salad (with heaps of lobster!), a filet sliced and served oscar-style ... dessert ... more than delicious! We spent about two hours lounging over our accidental, sentimental, surprise celebration, chatting with Brian about live and enjoying our food and beverage.

Once again, a very special meal and time. Even though it's pricey for our budget, everything conspires to have us return next time we accidentally visit Milwaukee's TCG !!! And yes - we will ask for Brian !!!

1  Thank JudyFromCanberra
Reviewed 29 August 2017

With out a doubt the best burger I've had. Great smoky flavor, juicy with a pretzel bun. Tasty french fries and coleslaw.

1  Thank Ganders1984
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We celebrated our 10th Anniversary at The Capitol Grill and were wowed! When reserving through Open Table clicked the Anniversary button but was way more than anticipated. A rose, card and decorations on the table welcomed us. They also did a champagne toast, yummy dessert and took a complimentary picture. Our meal was also really good. We had the Halibut and Rib Eye steak and would highly recommended. My husband loved his Lobster bisque. Adam, our server was wonderful! We sure felt pampered on our special day!!

1  Thank pbell123