“an accidental, sentimental, very special anniversary celebration”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,630 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$ 60 - US$ 80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Milwaukee has come intoits own. With world-class architecture, a buoyant lakefront, superb art museum and ever-growing fine dining scene. Which is about to become even finer.Enjoy our legendarydry aged steaks, chops and fresh seafood. 5,000 or so award winning wines. And, sublime desserts. All in an atmosphere of relaxed elegance. All just steps from the vibrant RiverWalk, Midwest Airlines Center and U.S. Cellular Arena.The Capital Grille Milwaukee. Because one unforgettable experience deserves another.
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Many years ago, my dear ol' dad took my partner (Bram) and me to The Capital Grille (TCG), where Bram learned about "real" T-bone steaks. That was the first - and last - special meal Bram had with my dad. SInce then, TCG held a special place in my heart, so one year, I took my sister-in-law there to celebrate my dad (dad had taken her there too, once, for something special).

Before departing on Amtrak, I returned my rental car ... exactly next door to TCG. Perhaps it was karma ... I fetched Bram and we returned to TCG for a special, sentimental meal.

Brian was our server - and he's a server par excellence! Brian made our accidental visit a true anniversary celebration, totally to my surprise and delight! A fresh red rose, a card and cute sprinkles on the table, and a very special anniversary dessert ... WOW!

And our meal - as excellent and special as ever! A bottle of the day's featured zinfandel, a gorgeous and tasty lobster salad (with heaps of lobster!), a filet sliced and served oscar-style ... dessert ... more than delicious! We spent about two hours lounging over our accidental, sentimental, surprise celebration, chatting with Brian about live and enjoying our food and beverage.

Once again, a very special meal and time. Even though it's pricey for our budget, everything conspires to have us return next time we accidentally visit Milwaukee's TCG !!! And yes - we will ask for Brian !!!

1  Thank JudyFromCanberra

Reviewed 29 August 2017

With out a doubt the best burger I've had. Great smoky flavor, juicy with a pretzel bun. Tasty french fries and coleslaw.

1  Thank Ganders1984
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We celebrated our 10th Anniversary at The Capitol Grill and were wowed! When reserving through Open Table clicked the Anniversary button but was way more than anticipated. A rose, card and decorations on the table welcomed us. They also did a champagne toast, yummy dessert and took a complimentary picture. Our meal was also really good. We had the Halibut and Rib Eye steak and would highly recommended. My husband loved his Lobster bisque. Adam, our server was wonderful! We sure felt pampered on our special day!!

1  Thank pbell123
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We made reservations online and I mentioned that it was our anniversary at the time and asked if they had King crab legs. When we got to our table there was a long stemmed red rose, card and sprinkles on the table. Every person that stopped at our table congratulated us. Our server, Bryan was wonderful. He also addressed the crab legs and said they unfortunately didn't have any. Since this was our first time here he did a wonderful job explaining steak rubs and entrees. My husband had surf and turf and said it was the best lobster he had ever had. They poach the lobster. I had filet oscar that was cooked perfectly. Side dishes are meant to be shared and the portion size was plentiful. We were presented with a complimentary dessert platter with a flourless chocolate cake and cheesecake both worth fresh berries and sauce. The chocolate cake was so light I thought it was mousse. Delicious and a great surprise. Prices were up there but we knew that going in and it's not something we do everyday or even every month. I would highly recommend this place for a special occasion.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

We might not have eaten here but we were in Mo's several years ago and did not want to return. Looking for steak we tried this place.

The service was excellent, and the staff attentive. Every thing they did was correct. The French onion soup was excellent. The steaks were better than many places, but far from the best. (Anyone reading very many of my reviews knows I am very demanding of the quality of steak.) The preparation was fine, but, you can only do so much with poorer quality meat.

1  Thank Ken R