“Anniversary night out”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,586 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$ 60 - US$ 80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Milwaukee has come intoits own. With world-class architecture, a buoyant lakefront, superb art museum and ever-growing fine dining scene. Which is about to become even finer.Enjoy our legendarydry aged steaks, chops and fresh seafood. 5,000 or so award winning wines. And, sublime desserts. All in an atmosphere of relaxed elegance. All just steps from the vibrant RiverWalk, Midwest Airlines Center and U.S. Cellular Arena.The Capital Grille Milwaukee. Because one unforgettable experience deserves another.
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We made reservations online and I mentioned that it was our anniversary at the time and asked if they had King crab legs. When we got to our table there was a long stemmed red rose, card and sprinkles on the table. Every person that stopped at our table congratulated us. Our server, Bryan was wonderful. He also addressed the crab legs and said they unfortunately didn't have any. Since this was our first time here he did a wonderful job explaining steak rubs and entrees. My husband had surf and turf and said it was the best lobster he had ever had. They poach the lobster. I had filet oscar that was cooked perfectly. Side dishes are meant to be shared and the portion size was plentiful. We were presented with a complimentary dessert platter with a flourless chocolate cake and cheesecake both worth fresh berries and sauce. The chocolate cake was so light I thought it was mousse. Delicious and a great surprise. Prices were up there but we knew that going in and it's not something we do everyday or even every month. I would highly recommend this place for a special occasion.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

We might not have eaten here but we were in Mo's several years ago and did not want to return. Looking for steak we tried this place.

The service was excellent, and the staff attentive. Every thing they did was correct. The French onion soup was excellent. The steaks were better than many places, but far from the best. (Anyone reading very many of my reviews knows I am very demanding of the quality of steak.) The preparation was fine, but, you can only do so much with poorer quality meat.

1  Thank Ken R
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We dining at the Capital Grille prior to the Beck concert and had a fantastic dinner, as usual with any Capital Grille location. The foie gras brûlée was an excellent starter. The porcini dusted ribeye with 15 year old balsamic glaze is my go to at the Capital Grille and it did not disappoint. The roasted mushrooms and grilled asparagus sides were excellent. Staff was friendly and professional.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

The thing about Capital Grille is there aren't enough of them. The national steakhouse chain has 58 locations in 25 states and my wife and I have visited a few of them, in Chicago, Lombard, Rosemont, Washington, D.C., Naples, Tampa, Sarasota and now Milwaukee. We hope to visit locations in Atlanta, Denver and Kansas City in the near future. But here's an upscale restaurant that makes lunch and dinner a special occasion and entices customers to "be wined, dined and dazzled" and I only wish there were more locations across the country to take advantage of. Truthfully, we were pleasantly surprised to find a Capital Grille in Milwaukee, at 310 West Wisconsin Avenue. For whatever reason, whether you're celebrating a birthday or anniversary, we always feel like we're celebrating something special when we're dining at a Capital Grille, even for lunch. It always has a luxurious coat-and-tie, dress-and-heels atmosphere, not denim and flip-flops. That's our kind of dining experience. In Milwaukee, we started with New England clam chowder, shrimp cocktail and a Wedge salad with blue cheese and smoked bacon. For entrees, my wife opted for an 8-ounce filet mignon while I chose a 14-ounce bone-in dry aged New York strip. Medium well, please. That means grey, not pink. Done to perfection. For dessert, my wife had a fruit sorbet while I couldn't resist a large slice of coconut cream pie. And I washed it all down with Capital Grille's fresh squeezed mint lemonade. It doesn't get any better than this.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent dinner for our anniversity. The lobster bisque was wonderful. $28 done all you can drink wine pour is great. You have to order the lamb! Bjorn our server did a great job. Had anniversity sprinkles on the table and complementary desert and sparkling wine.