“Good food”

Wong's Wok
Ranked #862 of 1,556 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 2 February 2016

We eat at this Wongs Wok a few times a year and never had a bad meal. We love ordering an array of dishes plus they give you a lot of food for the money. Very friendly and pleasant workers too which is always nice.

Reviewed 29 July 2015

I used the drive through to order an egg roll and a chicken curry plate. The egg roll was greasy and tasteless. No idea what was in it. Nothing fresh certainly.
The curry seasoning the chicken was fine but everything else was lousy. The vegetables were mushy and worse than forgettable. The chicken, I think there were 3 small pieces of it, had no flavor of the curry. So it was cooked separately and tossed in to the mix before serving. Everything looked and tasted like it had been under a warming light for hours. I tossed most of the mess when I got home. How could any employee sell that for $12? Why not recommend something else? I will never go there again. ever.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Wongs Wok used to be a regular stop but no more. The competition has moved close to this location and they are not very busy any more, thus the food looks "old" in the steamer trays. They no longer have coupons except for the ones you have to buy from them. Many of the items are now considered a "premium" item and you have to pay a up-charge. Pepper steak, their one beef dish is now considered Premium. That will be the day I pay extra for a dish that is 50% soggy green peppers! With the price increase, my last visit WAS my LAST VISIT.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

It's kind of odd that the best fried chicken I've ever tasted in my far and wide travels goes all the way back to a fast food Chinese place in Milwaukee. The other items I'm sure are good, but I haven't really explored the menu because of the excellence of this dish. I will drive out of my way to Wong's Wok as a destination for the Fried chicken with rice and gravy, and make sure to stop in at Summerfest for the dish.

It's too bad that the locations aren't as numerous as before, but definitely do not pass this place up!

Reviewed 22 September 2012

Whenever I'm in Milwaukee and anywhere near the airport I make sure to find the time to stop by Wong's Wok on south 27th street for the BEST sweet and sour chicken far and wide. I've had sweet and sour chicken in China town in San Francisco and it doesn't compare to Wong's Wok. They have a varied menu with lots of choices but I stick to what I love that they make best...the Wong's fried chicken. This is a restaurant with a relatively small dining room. They do have a drive thru as well. Don't let the drive thru discourage you from discovering this gem. Portions here are huge and they use the most tender portions of the chicken breast to make their boneless fried chicken. When getting takeout I always request the house sweet and sour sauce in a separate container on the side so a not to make the chicken soggy before getting it home. It's an extra $2 for the
large container of house sweet and sour but it's well worth it. It too is made fresh.