“Schnitzel crave”

Kegel's Inn
Ranked #52 of 1,533 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Milwaukee's West Allis neighborhood, Kegel's Inn serves up the most authentic German fare in the area. Inside you'll find a warm atmosphere, friendly service and one of the most beautiful beer halls in the country. With incredible murals, leaded glass, and heavy wooden beams, one can almost hear rounds of "Du Bist Mein Herzen" reverberating in the Bierstube. Since 1924, Kegel's Inn has been the locals' go-to destination for authentic German cuisine and continues to top the charts as one of the best places to catch a Friday Fish Fry in Milwaukee. At Kegel's Inn, everything is made from time honored traditional recipes. Like the rest of our establishment, things haven't changed much since we first opened our doors in 1924. Sure, there may be some new faces, but our steadfast commitment to our customers and our family values keeps our atmosphere warm and inviting, our service fast and neighborly, and our delicious food in accordance to the highest standards of our family lineage. At the end of the day, our goal is that your experience gets better every time you come in. Danke Schön!
Reviewed 17 December 2015

Wonderful cozy atmosphere. Friendly staff. We each had a different schnitzel, weiner and chicken. My chicken was wonderful with lemon rice and great vegies and sauce. The veal was very good, but not quite what he was used to in Germany. We will be back to try other entrees or repeat the schnitzels or sample the sandwich menu.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Kegel's Inn

Reviewed 15 December 2015

Stopped in to meet my old college roommate and his wife and to eat the Friday Fish fry we've heard was great. We were not disappointed. Despite an extremely busy place we were never rushed, our fish fry orders arrived promptly and the German beer kept flowing. Attentive service, wonderful atmosphere and excellent prices. The German fare on the menu was certainly more expensive than the fish fry but I can only guess it is every bit as good. My German potato salad was just like my wife's grandmother used to make - what a treat!

Reviewed 23 November 2015 via mobile

I grew up in Wisconsin so I'm no stranger to Friday night fish fry. Kegel's stands out for its crispy fish as well as potato pancakes. I also love the rye bread with a little salt on top. The only issue I have is that the bar is so crowded, it's hard to get out once you've eaten. Lots of people waiting for tables. But totally worth it!! My 85 yr old cousin who has lived in WI his entire life, declared it best fish fry he'd ever had.

Reviewed 17 November 2015

Was in Milwaukee for a couple of days and before I left I Googled "Best Fish Fry in Milwaukee." Kegel's was one mentioned, so I tried it. I was impressed. The atmosphere is nice, the food was good, and the service was very good. I give a strong "YES" to Kegel's and plan to visit again when I am back in Milwaukee.

Reviewed 5 November 2015

The building is an old beautiful brick building with a large mural on one side. When you walk into the restaurant, you first notice the beautiful long wooden bar, the hardwood floors and the hand painted walls. My wife had the saurbraten, I had the beef rouladen, The beef was so tender that you could cut it with a fork. Other had the wiener schnizel, and roast pork shanks.The servie was great. The waitresses wear white dress shirts with ties.Unique food, great service and a relaxing atmosphere, Can't wait to go back!.