“2.0 Ghost Tour Extraordinary”

Shaker's Ghost Tours
Ranked #23 of 42 Tours in Milwaukee
Reviewed 14 July 2017

I try to go to a ghost tour whenever I visit somewhere new. This tour is the only one where we were able to spend significant time in a building which truly is one of the most haunted places in the country. Not only is it built on the remains of a cemetery, the building has been everything from a cooperage to a brothel over it's 120+ year existence--lots of spirit energy is present.
We were on 3 of the 4 floors of the building, and were even invited to use dousing rods to speak with spirits--Wow!
Oh, and did I mention the kitchen staff turns out world class dishes?? Phenomenal food--I will never look at scallops the same way again.
It is a cigar bar, so expect some smoke. And the tour involves several flights of steps. It's SO worth it. Will be back again to take more tours.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"fun"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

First, it's a cigar bar. Smoke is present. If you are okay with that, your experience will be well rewarded. Tried a selection of awesome drinks - 18 year old rum, Absinthe cocktails (WOW), tasty beers, and more traditional offerings. This is not a regular bar. Dinner selections were extraordinary. Few restaurants in Milwaukee have the passion that the chef puts in his food. Blue crab claws were absolutely delicious. Sauce on the side was - beyond words. Our table had a variety of dishes. Stuffed peppers, scallops, oysters, and their specialty - pizza. Pizza? Yes. Thin crust, rich flavors, and done to perfection. This is a hidden gem. A throwback to days where the politically correct were nowhere to be seen. So enjoy a cigar during your meal. Nobody is going to tell you to put it out. Our server was first rate. We wanted for nothing. Her presence was well timed. Plates were removed as soon as they were no longer needed. We were her guests, no pressure. Final thoughts - the owner stopped by and chatted. No talking head plastic smile. He was genuinely interested in feedback about our meal. He made some excellent drink suggestions that complimented the meals. We left full. We left happy.

Thank toddk13 .
Reviewed 14 October 2016

I want to start this review by saying that I was a skeptic on the paranormal before this tour, and nothing I saw or heard there has convinced me otherwise. I want to also say I took the tour because even though I do not believe these things to be true, I love a good ghost story and the history of old buildings. I participated in the shakers 2.0 tour which included the basement of the building as well as the second and third floors. The tour guide, "Amy" was not very convincing and was easily shaken by simple questions. (I did not intend to poke fun or ruin the tour for others), but a lot of her explanations contradicted themselves and I did not find her credible at all. The building itself is very interesting and the stories of the protstitutes and the sordid history of the building I found fascinating. Eventually the owner of the building joined our tour and I found him much more knowledgeable and credible, even though I was still far convinced of anything "paranormal" taking place. The tour is great for those that like stories and history, but if you are a skeptic you will for sure still be after. The drinks at the bar are very good and reasonably priced. They ran out of absinth the night we were there at a relatively early time, which was strange since one of their signature drinks involves this liquor.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

I was a little surprised that the 'tour' only included the building where we started out - the Shaker Cigar Bar, but there was a lot of story to go with the building. Our guide was funny and knowledgeable. The tour was sufficiently creepy (especially the basement - yikes) and it was a fun hour to spend.
Word of warning - lots of stairs, from the basement to the attic. If you have trouble with stairs, this may not be the tour for you.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

I came in with a group of friends and got some really great cocktails on a random Friday night. We were approached by a girl with blue hair who told us about the tours they do in house which I had no idea about. We decided to hop on since we didn't have set plans for the night and I'm so glad we did! Even if you don't believe in the other side the tours were full of history and a really fun experience! I got some pictures from their Instagram that I recognized from upstairs, even the decor inside the building is cool!