“Amazingly big rooms with kitchenettes”

Residence Inn Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #16 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Pros:
* Room has lots of empty space, 2 desks, sofabed, and kitchenette, and very clean
* Free wifi, breakfast buffet
* Very close to Art Museum, Amtrak, right in downtown Milwaukee
* Heating system works well

Cons:
* Toilets are a bit noisy, could hear the neighbor's toilet flushing
* Parking costs $16

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank prodigiouswizard
ResidenceInnMke, Manager at Residence Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Prodigiouswizard, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with others. I know those who are looking for advice from past guests appreciate the feedback that you provided. We hope to be able to serve you again if your travels ever bring you back to Milwaukee.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Milwaukee Downtown

Reviewed 18 February 2012

Ever do a cartwheel in a hotel room? Easy here, our room was huge! Perfect for an anniversary night away from home but with the toddler. Our two-room suite had a kitchen, stocked with everything we could need, and it was comfortable and clean. The location let us see the downtown area with a simple walk. As long as we didn't want to wait in line for a waffle at breakfast like most everyone else did, it was huge and delicious and most enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank BlueDanube2011

I am so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy a night away for your anniversary even if you did have you little one with you. As a brand, Residence Inn suites are designed to allow travels to be able to eat, work and relax. I guess you also noticed that we could add gymnastics to that! Our location is great for exploring the city. I hope that we will be able to see you again!

Reviewed 10 February 2012

This hotel is in the old Gimble's Department store, and the developers did a good job of retaining a few of the old architectural details, which keeps it from feeling like a run-of-the-mill suburban hotel. This isn't old-world awesome like the Pfister Hotel, but for the money, and the room sizes, it's a nice clean place. Heated (paid) parking!! Soaring ceilings, nice kitchens. Some rooms have river views. I've stayed several times, and each room has been BIG. Complimentary full breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank WILOHMN

WILOHMN, thank you for being a loyal guest. We truly appreciate your business. We are very proud of the fact that we are a little different than the average Residence Inn. We take pride in the history of our building. I will be sure to pass on your comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel to the housekeeping department. It is always encouraging to them to know that people appreciate all of their hard work. Hopefully, we will see you the next time you travel to Milwaukee.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

Stayed three nights in January. This downtown hotel is a great home away from home. Hotel seems a little worn out but still in great condition. Room was spacious and well appointed. Easy access to many downtown sites. Underground parking a bit cumbersome but greatly appreciated on cold snowy days. Morning breakfast was well stocked and tasty as usual. Evening light meals included free soda, beer, and wine. Overall, great place to rest after a days work.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank kokodoc

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with others. We always like to hear that we can provide a comfortable environment for our business travelers after a hard day’s work. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our evening social hour. If your business ever brings you back to Milwaukee, we would love to be your ‘home away from home’ again.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

I stayed here one night on a recent business trip and found that the hotel, while not particularly charming, covered the basics quite nicely. The hotel didn't impress me greatly upon arrival, set back from the street with a little half-circle drive that was a big empty space, quite unadorned and blank, the entrance shared with a couple of other commercial enterprises -- a bit confusing to someone who hasn't been there before. My taxi drove by it a couple times without realizing that's where it was. The check-in staff-person was kind of brusque and awkward. I had arrived after the restaurant closed (it was only 7:45 PM) -- unfortunate, because I was really hungry (luckily, Mo's Irish Pub a block away helped, with its excellent burgers!).

But on the positive side, my room was enormous, clearly geared to business people on longer stays than mine. I really appreciated all the space -- an entry, hall, large kitchenette, living room area, and a whole separate bedroom and bath area, really more of a suite than a room. It was on the corner, so I could look out and see both the lake, a couple blocks away, and the river -- lovely! The bed was comfortable and I slept well. The furnishings were basic but adequate. The coffee-maker, however, defied my understanding, and after 5 minutes of trying to brew a cup, I gave up and went down for breakfast at the very comfortable "Hearth" area where a full breakfast was available, included in the room fee. I also found the lighting system hard to figure out -- you had to flip the switches in a certain order in order to get them to work -- not so easy for a tired traveler to figure out.

My stay was short, but I would say that I found the hotel short on charm but good in terms of providing decent accommodations in a central downtown location. If you are a business-person in need of a place to stay for more than a day or two, the extra space, and business center on the ground floor, would no doubt be especially appealing.

Room Tip: The corner rooms with views of the lake and the river are particularly nice!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Veever

Veever, thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Milwaukee. I am glad that you enjoyed the suite that you stayed in. I do apologize for the difficulty that you experienced with the coffee maker and the light switches. I will definitely pass this information on to our Maintenance department. It is valuable feedback like yours that allows us to grow and become a better hotel. As the hotel does not have a restaurant in it, we do offer our complimentary evening social hour from 5:30-7:30 Monday through Wednesday evenings. I am sorry that you were not able to take advantage of this amenity. If your travels ever bring you back to Milwaukee, we hope to see you again!