“Massage Heaven!”

Well Spa + Salon at the Pfister Hotel
More attraction details
Owner description: Home to The Pfister's Turkish Baths more than a century ago, WELL Spa + Salon redefines the entire spa experience.Each treatment room is a two room suite which includes your own private bathroom and shower. Because our technicians greet you within your private suite, you won't have to move throughout spa for your facial or massage. Every treatment is customized just for you. You choose everything from skin care to essential oils to a custom room.Enjoy added comfort with adjustable table temperatures, personal iPod hookup, heated floors, heated robes and 60-minute services - 10 more minutes of bliss than standard spas offer.The Orchid Room is the perfect setting for a bachelorette party, baby showers, bridal showers, or any other reason for a group spa day.
Fox River Grove
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Massage Heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Make sure you take advantage of this Spa. The staff and the services are great. Very relaxing atmosphere!

Visited March 2012
JoshuaWolter, Hotel Assistant Manager at Well Spa + Salon at the Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Sounds like you enjoyed full relaxation during your treatments. This is great to hear, thank you so much for sharing. Book another soon.

Hotel Assistant Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Madison, Wisconsin
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Rude staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

The Well Spa has special meaning to me, because I had my hair and nails done there before my wedding. However, the service there was sub-par.

My first visit to the WellSpa was for a highlight before my wedding. I tried to explain my vision to the stylist during the consultation phase of my visit. She initially came across as very rude and arrogant, as she stood there barely listening to what I was saying. At the end of explaining what I wanted, I asked her if she understood. She looked at me like I was insulting her, and told me "this would be easy" that she knew "exactly what I wanted." The thing that really got me was she told me she was "really good" and I shouldn't worry. **Read, stop blabbering and let me do what I need to do before my next client arrives.** At the end of the appointment, I looked in the mirror at my fresh highlight. Pleased with the results I could see, I collected my purse as she hurried me upstairs to pay. Right before I left the Pfister, I had a nagging thought to visit the ladie's room and check the back of my hair one more time, as I didn't really get a good look as she spun me around in the chair. I opened my powder compact to view the back of my hair in the mirror, and my fears were confirmed. The back was untouched! I had bi-colored, dark blond/light blond hair! I quickly explained my dilemma to the receptionist, and she proceeded to explain that my stylist had done a "partial." Stunned, I wondered who on earth would want a partial highlight for their wedding? Even worse, who would give a partial without the client's specific instructions? I was very upset at this point, as I needed another appointment ASAP (I live in Madison). I was scheduled with another stylist within the hour. She was very understanding, and did a great job of correcting the color. Interestingly enough, during the process, I was across the room from my initial stylist, who periodically shot daggers at me when she was forced to look my way. Talk about awkward. Oh, and the icing on the cake? WellSpa only gave me a small discount on this re-do. If you ask me, it's their fault they misunderstood my needs, which makes it their responsibility to fix it. This is a 5 star, full service facility. I shouldn't have had to deal with this debacle, much less pay for it. I did feel bad for the woman who had to cram me into her schedule last minute, and made sure to tip her well.

My next appointment was my gelish french manicure the day before my wedding. I arrived at the Pfister early, and was graciously shown to my Grand Heritage suite by the bellhop. I was very relaxed, excited, hopeful that I would actually enjoy this WellSpa experience. My nail tech was, surprise surprise, arrogant (and foreign), however I managed to ignore her and resigned to enjoy my manicure. The polish looked great for days and was done to my expectations.

If you like expensive treatments performed by rude, self-centered and arrogant stylists, this is the place for you. Even though I was pleased (eventually) with the end results of my treatments, I'm not sure I'd like to subject myself to that environment again. I may be young, but that's no excuse to treat me as a naive nuisance.

Visited April 2011
5 Thank Jacilyn A
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Beautiful spa, great treatments”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

This spa is one of the best I have been too. They have wonderful services with excellent service. Magda has the best massages.

It is a bit pricey. You can enjoy the hotel and restaurants during your visit.

Visited December 2011
Thank you so much for a great review. We really appreciate you sharing your experiences. You comments will be shared with the staff.

Oshkosh, WI
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Finest Hotel Spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

I've been to many spas, and this is my favorite within a hotel. The elegance of the Pfister combined with this beautiful facility makes for a perfect package. Check put spa packages at Pfister website for some great values.

Visited January 2012
JoshuaWolter, Hotel Assistant Manager at Well Spa + Salon at the Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Thank you so much for that rave review. We really do love our Well Spa and Janice Salon. Thank you for calling it the "finest." As well sharing that the package is a must. We really appreciate your review and opinion.

Atlanta, Georgia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Lived up to my expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

When you walk through the door of the Pfister hotel you know you are in a wonderful place and the Well Spa is no exception. They were able to book my appointment on very short notice and the nail technician, Keri made sure I enjoyed every moment of my visit. From my first glass of complimentary champagne to making sure I didn't smudge a nail on my way out, the Well Spa + Salon is a must visit!

Visited January 2012
JoshuaWolter, Hotel Assistant Manager at Well Spa + Salon at the Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2012
We are so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. I will share your compliments with the staff. We can't wait to have you back for another smudge proof nail treatment.