“Good food, huge portions”
Review of Blue's Egg

Blue's Egg
Ranked #3 of 1,630 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Blue's takes a fine dining approach to classic American brunch, all week long. Old World ingredients and techniques inspire modern breakfast and lunch dishes. Blue's is available for private events in the evening.
Reviewed 14 September 2018

We arrived on Saturday morning at about 9:45 and had a 20 min. wait. It's a big space so tables turn fairly quickly. Our waiter seemed annoyed that we did not want ice in our water but after that service was fine. The portions here are enormous, neither me nor my husband could finish our meal and we were traveling so "to-go" was not an option. My husband had the mushroom omelet which he loved. I had eggs, sausage, toast and hash browns. Very tasty and would go back on a future visit to MKE.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

I was in the Milwaukee area to visit my son. A family member recommended Blue's Egg for brunch and it was amazing! We had to wait only about 20 minutes for a table. Service was a little slow, but it was Harley Fest weekend and they were busy!

I had the crab cake and my son had the special carnitas eggs benedict then we split an order of the goat cheese stuffed hash browns. Everything was excellent! As if all of that food wasn't enough, we bought a few of the sweet treats to go.

As I said in the title, Blue's Egg will be on my top on my list when I'm back in Milwaukee!

Reviewed 2 September 2018

I've eaten here three times, and each time I have been blown away by the quality of the food! Everything has been delicious, and the portions are generous for a very reasonable price! It is very popular, so it can get a little crowded at times, but the staff are wonderful about making you feel like you're the only customer, and the restaurant itself it laid out well so you don't feel like you're constantly getting bumped into by people walking by. I would highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 31 August 2018

I had read about Blue's Egg for years, and my curiosity was piqued when the new second location opened not too faar from my home. I had heard about the long queues and long waits at the original location, so that early on a weekday morning offered the opportunity to try the new BE. It is not cheap, but the portions and quality or the food makes the food a good value. I ordered a pretty standard item, two eggs with meat and hash browns and coffee. The cost was a little more--but not that much--than at places such as Ma Fischer's. but the food was unusually good: The eggs were jumbos and were of a freshness one seldom encounters. The hash browns were extraordinarily good, crisp and neither burned, as I sometime do at home, nor underdone, as is frequently the case when eating breakfast out. Coffee seemed a bit pricey, but, on reflection, it turned out to be a good value. First of all, the cup was large and "bottomless," meaning unlimited refills. Bottomless coffee cups are a Midwestern tradition--I don't recall seeing them during my many years in Boston--but Midwestern coffee is traditionally rather weak--you often can see the bottom of the supposedly bottomless cup. Coffee here, however, was strong and very good--free trade beans, it says--and is served in very large cups, taller and larger than mugs. Sugar offerings include turbinado sugar, sucralose, aspartame, and saccharin, and cream is served in tim=ny stainless steel pitchers, rather than the usual plastic portion control cups. Toast was made on high-end bread and served with a platter containing small trenchers of whipped butter and homemade preserves, as well as a larger trencher filled with a generous portion of seedless red grapes. It was too early in the day to try one of their high-end specialties--variations on Eggs Benedict, crab cakes, and stuffed has browns, but this experience motivated me to come again later on another weekday to satisfy my curiosity. One thing was not that good a value was the monkey bread, highly praised in local newspaper and magazine reviews. It was by no means bad, but it did not really differ much from a small caramelized sweet roll, at a price of $3.25 for a modestly-sized piece. For an extra dollar one can get it "crunked," that is doused in sweet whiskey sauce, which I did not try. Again, ti was by no means bad, but it was not a gustatory experience on a level with the extraordinary treatment of a standard breakfast that I had.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Food is great! Not your run-of-the-mill! Nice portions, great service and goodies to go! It was an off-day for me and I wanted to treat myself to something out of the ordinary!