The Iron Horse Hotel
Marriott Hotels
US$ 202
US$ 160
  • Pool
Best Western Milwaukee West(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
US$ 118
US$ 143
US$ 132
US$ 120
1,824 results
All reviewsthe harley davidson museumsmyth restaurantcorner alcovemattress factorywelcome cocktailoutdoor barrain showerboutique hotelexposed brickcool hotelfavorite hotelgreat barlight sleeperamazing hotelrooms are spaciousfrom chicagohigh ceilings
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are a bit on the small side, but lots of attention to detail. They gave us cocktails when we checked in...I like that!

They have a library with cozy seating, fireplace, tons of books and games. We ordered beers and played uno and jenga on a Saturday afternoon.

The food in the lounge is unique and everything I've had has been good. Smyth was a typical fine dining resturant...nothing amazing.

Highly recommend staying here, drinking here, and eating in their lounge.

Room Tip: Beware it's by a train track...light sleepers request a quieter room
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris M
Management response:Responded 15 May 2012

I am so happy To hear that you were able to enjoy the Library. We love it when our guests go in there and hang out by the fireplace or setup the monopoly board. It really is one of my favorite spaces in the hotel. We hope to have you with us again!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at the Iron Horse for a very brief stay to present at a business conference. My only regret is that I didn't stay longer....this is one of the most unique hotels I've ever stayed in. From the original brick wall in my guest room, to the FANTASTIC barbecued rib "small plate" app that I had in the bar. The murals on the walls in the guest rooms are beautiful. Unlike anything I've seen before. Service was fantastic. And the bathroom...the shower head is the "rain" type head and is almost a foot wide. Plus you get robes to wear and relax in the room. Complimentary bath/shower amenities are top notch, as is everything else at this hotel. Don't bother going out for meals....the food at this place can't be beat. Every little detail is attended to....far too many to include in one review. Check this place out....you won't be sorry!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SchermerhornTraveler
JamesValona, Director of Guest Experience at The Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Thank you so much for the amazing review! I am sorry that you weren't able to stay longer but at least it gives you a reason to come see us again. Thank you again.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I took my boyfiend here for his 54 birthday we I rented the corner alcove king room, The decor was awesome, and the food, service and the way they treated you was impeccable any thing you asked for they would do what ever they could to get it for you, Yes it is pricey, but worth it. The only thin I would say. is if your a light sleeper and are bothered by trains rumbling and jerking in the wee hours either use the ear plugs provided or ask for a room not near the train tracks, our room was righ above the train and a few times it did make a pass and was a bit loud, other than than that there is nothing I can say bad about this hotel we will be back.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the rail road tracks if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ldyfirefighter1
JamesValona, Front Office Manager at The Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

I am so happy to hear that you had a great time and that your boyfriend had a great birthday. We hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Very stylish decor in public areas and the rooms. Interesting art elements and theme. Easy access to downtown. However, for over $200/night with parking, taxes etc I was disapointed that the stylish shower was not clean. Housekeeping needs to actually bend over and scrub in the corners. Toiletries were not replenished on the second day. I signed up with "Desires" and promised snacks were not delivered. Was I supposed to be wowed by the decor and not notice the penny pinching in the details?

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fifi w

Thank you so much for the review. I am so sorry to hear about your experience with the cleanliness of your room and not receiving your Desires Amenity. This is never acceptable. Please feel free to contact me directly at jvalona@theironhorsehotel.com. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

A very unique hotel and worth the experience, though a bit on the pricey side. Rooms are nicely appointed, beds very comfortable - large bathrooms. The lobby has some very unique decor. The only thing not good about this hotel is the location - its in an industrial area and there is little to walk to - but if you do get out, recommend stopping at O'Lydia's pub and having a meal at Industrie restaurant - both within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Love2Travel26x2

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The hotel is situated in an area called the 5th Ward. The 5th Ward is currently undergoing a revival. Many new restaurants and bars have opened up within the past couple of years to add to the already very lively 5th Ward culture. Places like Industrie, The Noble, Zac's, Ginger, La Merenda, Braise and Crazy Water. We are even right next tos the Latin District that has so phenomenal Mexican, Puerto Rican and Columbian food. I am sorry that you did not have the opportunity to enjoy everything the 5th Ward had to offer and should you visit us again, please do not hesitate to ask the Front Desk for some great suggestions!