“Warm, friendly neighborhood eatery”

Hubbard Avenue Diner
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Middleton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 16 November 2017

A regular breakfast meeting place for my posse of retirees and many others. Always busy, good, solid breakfast entrees, with charming wait staff who seem always happy to see you. 1950's decor with nothing but oldies on the play list.Good choice for breakfast, lunch, or dinner with a must have chicken dinner special Thursday and Saturday night. You can also take home a whole pie from the vast selection in the glass case up front. Especially good for a family holiday dinner.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

We eat here frequently, and the food is reliably good. Great burgers, love the salmon salad, mac & cheese, chicken pot pie, pot roast, and of course, pie! Staff is always very friendly and helpful. Great neighborhood place for meals any time of day.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Family drove by this diner only to be very surprised at the quality of the food and service. Excellent fresh meals, wonderful pie and great for the family. Get there early this is usually a long line due to its popularity. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

In a revitalized area in Middleton. Diner atmosphere but they serve alcoholic beverages. Lots of pie choices. We didn't order pie, but it looked good. Prices are a little high for what you get. My husband had a $10 Reuben and it was just deli meat. I had the turkey dinner and it was good. My son order a burger and he liked it. Service was good. Won't keep it on our list of places to go back to as there are better choices in the Madison area.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

After visiting the National Mustard Meuseum, which is right next door to the restaurant, my wife and I decided to have lunch. We found the staff to be very friendly and pleasant. The food was very good (I had the Reuben and my wife had potato pancakes) and reasonably priced. Because we were planning on going out for dinner, later that evening we decided against dessert but the pies looked great. My only complaint is that although there are a lot of different hamburgers on the menu they don't offer hotdogs. You would think that with the National Mustard Meuseum right next door, hotdogs would be a natural.

1  Thank Lou S