“Good food and desserts at a reasonable price.”

Hubbard Avenue Diner
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Middleton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

After visiting the National Mustard Meuseum, which is right next door to the restaurant, my wife and I decided to have lunch. We found the staff to be very friendly and pleasant. The food was very good (I had the Reuben and my wife had potato pancakes) and reasonably priced. Because we were planning on going out for dinner, later that evening we decided against dessert but the pies looked great. My only complaint is that although there are a lot of different hamburgers on the menu they don't offer hotdogs. You would think that with the National Mustard Meuseum right next door, hotdogs would be a natural.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Lou S

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Came to meet with a customer and had a simple breakfast. The eggs and french toast were good but Coffee is very weak. The pumpkin pie is very good and silk pie also.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

If you're looking for a typical low-key diner, you can't go wrong. They serve breakfast during all hours (I have to admit -- I was tempted by 2 or 3 of the breakfast selections) plus your typical diner fare. I went with the meatloaf and wasn't disappointed. A nice thick slice with tasty gravy, good mashed potatoes and freshly steamed broccoli. The serving size was just right -- I didn't feel like I had overeaten, and had room for a delicious slice of the Boston Cream Pie. The waitress said it was yummy, and she wasn't wrong! They are clearly known for their pies, and the selection was great (I think they offered a dozen or more different kinds). The service was quite attentive, and the pace of the meal was perfect. If I were looking for a comfortable meal in this area again, I'd definitely stop back in.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

A nice place to have lunch. We were a group of 7 and they sat us down within 15 minutes. Food all-round was good. The milkshakes are great. You can always have pie to go if there is no way ion left after dining.
Lovely setting, and well worth a visit.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

We were visiting Middleton, staying with friends and we had a very pleasant supper here. As there were five of us we had quite a variety of dishes & deserts, all of which were excellent and attentive staff made it a pleasant experience.
We also called in a couple of days later for some coffee/tea and cookies and we were treated to the same excellent experience ...... worth a visit.

Date of visit: September 2017