“Skip this motel - stay someplace else.”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Merrill
Reviewed 30 October 2010

I selected this motel because I could get a few points on my Choice Rewards, but wished we stayed at the Super 8 or Americinn instead. The place is poorly maintained. Dead flys on the window sills. Burned dust smell from the room heater. Really faded quilts. Lack of maintenance all over. When I checked in, they put me in a room with double beds, even though I booked queen beds through the Econolodge web site. They did give me the room with queens without any hassle, except we had to move our stuff. The room had a microwace and fridge, but I don't think the freezer has ever been defrosted. The strong chlorine smell in the hallways from the pool aggrevated my asthma, but the room didn't smell too full of chlorine fumes, so I was able to sleep. This is not the worst motel I've ever stayed in, so I grudgingly give it a score of 2 out of 5.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed 7 October 2009

Our room needed some housekeeping--dirty carpet, dirty bathroom. smelly pillows and dirty blankets. When we went down to the "included breakfast ", floor mops and scrub buckets were stored with the food products!! The jelly was a large jar with a knife in it!!!
And please sweep the front of the entry!!!
Would not EVER stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
bob2716, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

Rooms are now well-kempt and clean. The continental breakfast and the cleaning supplies are in seperate locations, and the breakfast is more organized. The front entrance is also kept clean, being checked on a regular basis (every few hours)

Reviewed 19 May 2009

I stayed at the inn, the Pine Ridge Inn, and I had a pleasant stay. I liked it. I mean, the room was clean and spacious; I've stayed at other motels who charged more which had smaller, less clean rooms. Along with amenities like a fridge, tv, microwave, they had free wireless Internet access, pool, and a spa - great to relax in before going to bed. The bed was big and comfortable, so I had a good night's sleep.

There were two other motels in the city, but they were charging alot more...and in this time of economic uncertainty saving money is important...and I saved quite a bit...more than $15. So yeah, I enjoyed staying there.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank Peter345
bob2716, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2015

Dear sir,

Bob Mehta
econolodge
715-536-9526

Reviewed 16 July 2008

I stayed there with my family and really enjoyed my stay. Everyone was very nice and helpful. And i ask about the unsolved murder there. They told me it was not a murder the was a death that could not be help by the staff and if they have to they will get the police report to prove it. So to those of you out there that read the reviews about that please disregard the part about the murder it is not true. The pool is very nice with a hot tub. The hotel is within walking distance of a shopping center and many restaurants. So if you are looking for a nice family place to stay within your budget please stay here. You will be tried very well and your pets will be welcome also

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank travelfamily098

Dear sir,

Bob Mehta
econolodge
715-536-9526

Reviewed 28 May 2008

I stayed at the Pine Ridge in a two weeks ago- and had a family reunion in Merrill. Not only is this hotel family-friendly- but they were very flexible and accommodating to our requests. We asked if we could get a fridge, and crib in one room- and a cot in another and within ten mins it was taken care of. Also, they have us a group discount because we had blocked off so many rooms. They were very knowlegable about the area- and the lobby was well-maintained.
I dont know about the other reviews- and I am glad I did not read them before going! It was very peaceful- and the pool is amazing in a greenhouse type building adjacent to the hotel.
My family had a great time there- and we recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
bob2716, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2015

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, we will take prompt action on your suggestions. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you the pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town. Kind Regards,...

Also consider these accommodations in or near Merrill
0.4 km away
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Tomahawk
29.7 km away
Days Inn & Suites Wausau

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK