“Dirty-Dirty” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Merrill
MN
“Dirty-Dirty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2009

Our room needed some housekeeping--dirty carpet, dirty bathroom. smelly pillows and dirty blankets. When we went down to the "included breakfast ", floor mops and scrub buckets were stored with the food products!! The jelly was a large jar with a knife in it!!!
And please sweep the front of the entry!!!
Would not EVER stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
bob2716, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 2 March 2013
Rooms are now well-kempt and clean. The continental breakfast and the cleaning supplies are in seperate locations, and the breakfast is more organized. The front entrance is also kept clean, being checked on a regular basis (every few hours)
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Wasau, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2009

I stayed at the inn, the Pine Ridge Inn, and I had a pleasant stay. I liked it. I mean, the room was clean and spacious; I've stayed at other motels who charged more which had smaller, less clean rooms. Along with amenities like a fridge, tv, microwave, they had free wireless Internet access, pool, and a spa - great to relax in before going to bed. The bed was big and comfortable, so I had a good night's sleep.

There were two other motels in the city, but they were charging alot more...and in this time of economic uncertainty saving money is important...and I saved quite a bit...more than $15. So yeah, I enjoyed staying there.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo

econolodge
715-536-9526
tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2008

I stayed there with my family and really enjoyed my stay. Everyone was very nice and helpful. And i ask about the unsolved murder there. They told me it was not a murder the was a death that could not be help by the staff and if they have to they will get the police report to prove it. So to those of you out there that read the reviews about that please disregard the part about the murder it is not true. The pool is very nice with a hot tub. The hotel is within walking distance of a shopping center and many restaurants. So if you are looking for a nice family place to stay within your budget please stay here. You will be tried very well and your pets will be welcome also

• Liked — the friendly staff and pool
  • Disliked — i liked everything

econolodge
715-536-9526
chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2008

I stayed at the Pine Ridge in a two weeks ago- and had a family reunion in Merrill. Not only is this hotel family-friendly- but they were very flexible and accommodating to our requests. We asked if we could get a fridge, and crib in one room- and a cot in another and within ten mins it was taken care of. Also, they have us a group discount because we had blocked off so many rooms. They were very knowlegable about the area- and the lobby was well-maintained.
I dont know about the other reviews- and I am glad I did not read them before going! It was very peaceful- and the pool is amazing in a greenhouse type building adjacent to the hotel.
My family had a great time there- and we recommend it to anyone!

• Liked — The staff
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
bob2716, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 27 June 2015
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, we will take prompt action on your suggestions. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you the pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town. Kind Regards,...
Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2008

I am a travel agent, and I have traveled the world. The Pine Ridge Inn in Merrill was the most unclean hotel I have stayed at in my entire life. The walls of my room were streaked with a brownish residue, the box springs were HEAVILY stained, the mirror looked like they hadn't been cleaned in some time, the shower was stained, the bathroom floor still had dirt on it, the towels were very old, and many were stained red/orange/yellow. The owners of the hotel use the back yard area as a garbage dump, so when you look out your window, that is what you see. Our smoke detecter was lying on the floor in pieces with no battery (totally illegal) and the tv had dust and food stains on it. Even the carpeting looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in some time. The pool area was nice, but it was malfunctioning, and flooding all over the place. The continental breakfast was minimal, and unclean. In fact, the milk was crusty and old. (They put it in a pitcher instead of the original gallon jug, so you cannot see what the expiration date is.) The whole hotel stunk like something rotten. Some locals mentioned that a unsolved murder occured at this hotel, and there is a strong possibility that we were put in this room. (Even though the hotel was almost empty, and we could have been put in a different room.) I expressed my concerns to the owner, but he was unwilling to refund my stay, so I could go to a different hotel in Merrill. He did offer me a free stay in the future once he found out I am a travel agent. The free stay would be to see "how they could fix things, and clean the rooms better." I will not take the owner up on this offer. I stayed at this hotel a week ago, and I still feel like I need to take multiple showers to get the filth off of me.

• Liked — I guess the pool, even though it was flooded
  • Disliked — Uncleanliness
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank germangirl25
bob2716, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 2 March 2013
Hotel is much more cleanly now. The name was changed from Pine Ridge to EconoLodge. Safety is up to code and the pool area is functional. The hotel no longer has a rotten stench. The murder was actually a suicide, and such events are beyond control of the hotel staff.

Travellers are raving about these Merrill hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Merrill
0.3 km away
Jefferson Street Inn
#1 of 10 in Wausau
30.3 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wausau

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK