“Friendly & Accommodating”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Merrill
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We found the owner of this hotel to be very friendly and accommodating!

Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Christopher M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 August 2011

Like lots of Econo Lodges, this is an older hotel that shows quite a bit of wear. The location is very handy being right off of highway 51, just north of Wausau, WI.

This was a busy weekend at the hotel, it was almost full. The first room we were given was very smokey smelling, even though all rooms are non smoking. The lady checking us in said they have replaced all bedding, repainted etc, but can't get rid of the smell. We were given a second room that smelled a little bit better, but still had the smoke smell. When my wife and I went to bed, we could smell the smoke smell coming from the mattress.

The other problem was the internet was down in all of the rooms (I talked to other guests who had the same problem). The wifi seemed to work only in the lobby.

The rooms were reasonably clean and the staff was pretty good. I would hesitate to stay at this hotel again unless I could be assured that all of the smoke issues have been cleared up.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Pool; ice cold, and that was the hot tub. WiFi; if your standing in the hall with one arm in the air. TV channel seletion; well they have TVs. get about 6 channels with pictures, 3 with picture and sound. This place needs a Demo Job. The AC in the room worked great dispite the quarter inch flood from the condensation evaporator draining in the room. Breakfast? uhhhhh? bagel, stail pastry from a box purchased at Sam's Club, banana, and a choice of cornflakes or fruit rings. The hostess? brought back bad memories of an old school teacher who rapped you knuckles with a ruler. We Escaped.

Room Tip: Go to the Super 8 across the street. Save yourselves
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
bob2716, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

Pool is no longer ice-cold. Hot tub is "hot." Wifi is changed from phone company to cable. TV channel selection expanded to 72 channels. We changed the staff since then as well.

Reviewed 15 May 2011

My company put me and a collegue up in Merrill to do some work. The hotel lobby was clean and newly remodeled from the last time I was there. The room was very clean with a microwave and fridge. It was walking distance from some a really good family restaurant and thai/chinese restuarant. The staff was very nice and helpful when I had troubles making long distance calls. After traveling for business to a lot of cities and hotels this is def. a good hotel to choose. I've already told my company that if I am placed in Merrill again for long-term business I would want to stay here!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank bussavy6
bob2716, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2013

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for providing your feedback.

Reviewed 30 October 2010

I selected this motel because I could get a few points on my Choice Rewards, but wished we stayed at the Super 8 or Americinn instead. The place is poorly maintained. Dead flys on the window sills. Burned dust smell from the room heater. Really faded quilts. Lack of maintenance all over. When I checked in, they put me in a room with double beds, even though I booked queen beds through the Econolodge web site. They did give me the room with queens without any hassle, except we had to move our stuff. The room had a microwace and fridge, but I don't think the freezer has ever been defrosted. The strong chlorine smell in the hallways from the pool aggrevated my asthma, but the room didn't smell too full of chlorine fumes, so I was able to sleep. This is not the worst motel I've ever stayed in, so I grudgingly give it a score of 2 out of 5.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Merrill
0.3 km away
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#3 of 4 in Tomahawk
35.0 km away
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK