“Horrible Manager” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mayville
Mayville, Wisconsin, USA
“Horrible Manager”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

We have been coming to The Audubon Inn for years and the new manager is absolutely nothing compare to the previous management. Gordon was the previous manager but now the new manager, I believe her name is Maggie, has no solid experience and she does not have any good customer service skills. We came there tonight and she was impersonable, a tad rude, and has no indication that she has the qualifications of being a manager for a fine dining restaurant. The food is always top notch, which is why I couldn't give this rating a "Horrible". Keep up the good work Chef Earl, you are the only good thing left and we hope that you can help this place rebound!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife and I were looking for a place away from the hustle and bustle of the city. This was a gem! Like a B&B but with more - restaurant and bar were terrific. Rooms are cozy, like being in an era gone-by. Food in the restaurant was wonderful and the owners are super-friendly. If you're looking for a unique getaway experience, don't pass this up! We'll return.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Horcion WI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

My husband and I went to Autubon In for St Patrick's Day, we had heard that they are a nicer restuarant and have good food we only go out to a nicer restuarant once every couple months. The first incident that happened was my husband found a slug in his salad. Still very much alive! My husband pulled the waitress off to the side and showed her. She assured us that we would be getting a discount on our meal. Instead of giving us a discount they gave us 1 free dessert for the 2 of us. I have celiac disease. Which means I can eat NOTHING with wheat, rye or barley. It was a three layer mousse with three different liquors. Jameson, Bailey's Irish cream and Kalhua. I asked the waitress if there was any wheat, rye or barley. She assured me that no there wasn't but went and asked the executive chef. He also said no there wasn't. Within 15 minutes of me eating the dessert i was throwing up. When we got home we looked up the ingredients of the liquors. ALL 3 liquors have wheat and one of them have wheat and barley. When I called them 2 days later I left my name and number and said that either the owner or manager needed to call me back. When the owner called me back 2 days later, all he said was sorry that that happened. And all the feedback helps. They did offer us a free meal but with our experience, We will never go back to the autubon inn!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

This hotel is nice and the restaurant and bar was awesome.

• Stayed February 2012
Hillsboro, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

From Making the reservations to our arrival and check in, thru dinner and our entire stay we were treated like royalty. I took my wife here for a pre-valentines getaway and it was the best stay we have ever had. The staff were professional and friendly always courteous and helpful. The restaurant had some of the best food ever and the prices were very affordable. We enjoyed a flight of beer each (three mugs of different flavors) and an appetizer in the beautiful on-site bar. It truely is a joy to go to a place with high expectations and still be blown away by the high quality.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mayville
22.1 km away
25.4 km away
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Hartford
30.8 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, West Bend

Been to The Audubon Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK