“Horrible Experience!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mayville
Horcion WI
“Horrible Experience!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

My husband and I went to Autubon In for St Patrick's Day, we had heard that they are a nicer restuarant and have good food we only go out to a nicer restuarant once every couple months. The first incident that happened was my husband found a slug in his salad. Still very much alive! My husband pulled the waitress off to the side and showed her. She assured us that we would be getting a discount on our meal. Instead of giving us a discount they gave us 1 free dessert for the 2 of us. I have celiac disease. Which means I can eat NOTHING with wheat, rye or barley. It was a three layer mousse with three different liquors. Jameson, Bailey's Irish cream and Kalhua. I asked the waitress if there was any wheat, rye or barley. She assured me that no there wasn't but went and asked the executive chef. He also said no there wasn't. Within 15 minutes of me eating the dessert i was throwing up. When we got home we looked up the ingredients of the liquors. ALL 3 liquors have wheat and one of them have wheat and barley. When I called them 2 days later I left my name and number and said that either the owner or manager needed to call me back. When the owner called me back 2 days later, all he said was sorry that that happened. And all the feedback helps. They did offer us a free meal but with our experience, We will never go back to the autubon inn!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

This hotel is nice and the restaurant and bar was awesome.

• Stayed February 2012
Hillsboro, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

From Making the reservations to our arrival and check in, thru dinner and our entire stay we were treated like royalty. I took my wife here for a pre-valentines getaway and it was the best stay we have ever had. The staff were professional and friendly always courteous and helpful. The restaurant had some of the best food ever and the prices were very affordable. We enjoyed a flight of beer each (three mugs of different flavors) and an appetizer in the beautiful on-site bar. It truely is a joy to go to a place with high expectations and still be blown away by the high quality.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Evansville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

We were at the Audubon in on Tuesday night for my husband's birthday on a Groupon special, and we found the place to be delightfully pleasant. The ambiance was fantastic as well as the furniture and remodeling. They have gone above and beyond to assure the historical value has not been compromised. We found it to be very relaxing! Everyone there was very helpful and friendly. The food was excellent too. I would recommend this establishment to others.

Room Tip: we were in the Jr. suites and found that to have ample room, which is their standard room. Since th...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

Slept in a warm comfortable bed, the room was quiet. All the rooms have names and it is quite nice.

Room Tip: The Bald Eagle
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mayville
20.3 km away
30.0 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites West Bend
29.0 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fond du Lac

Been to The Audubon Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK