“On the Edge of the Dells”

Best Western Park Oasis Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mauston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Springboro, Ohio
“On the Edge of the Dells”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Traveling from Ohio to Minneapolis, we tried to get a hotel in Madison, but our preferred choices were booked. So, we took a chance on the Park Oasis. What a pleasant surprise! Clean, spacious, well-appointed rooms, equipped with grab bars and shower seats and a phone in the bath for elderly guests. The Inn is visible from I-94 but is reached down a long drive that runs past a Visitor Center, a Cheese Shop and a small pond with resident ducks and geese. There is an indoor pool and an outdoor pool. The restaurant on the premises offers home-made food. Try the carrot cake for dessert, a large slab basted with cream cheese frosting. While breakfast isn't complimentary, the Inn provided a $5.00 off coupon for the meal. Only downside, if you care - TV reception is poor and not HD.

Room Tip: Ours faced the highway and there was some vehicle rumble, but it wasn't bad. Ask about AARP disc...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Best Western Park Oasis Inn, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us! I love to hear pleasantly surprised from our first time guests! Your comments will be passed along to our hotel and restaurant staff. Just as a side note regarding the televisions - new TV's are coming and will be here this fall. Hopefully we will see you again on another trip.
Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future and thanks again!
Have a great day!!
Leslie
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Whitewater
Reviewed 16 May 2012

This hotel is really great. We have stayed here now several times, the staff is always friendly and helpful, the pool is enjoyable, the rooms are always clean and there is an onsite lounge, which is a bonus. The price is right here too, it's definetly worth staying here even if it is $85 a night but I am part of the best western gold crown club, which I can rack up points towards a free night or gift & gas cards. Some other hotels have choice rewards but the best western chain has their own rewards club just for best westerns, it is a free program too! I love this Best Western too, and enjoy staying here when I am in the area.

Room Tip: Join the Best Western rewards club and save 10% on your rooms at any best western.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Leslie H, General Manager at Best Western Park Oasis Inn, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Wow! Again thank you for your kind words! We love the Best Western Rewards Program too and love to hear guest feedback on our loyalty program. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Mauston. As always please let me know if there is anything we can do for you before, during or after your stay. Thanks again!
Utica, Illinois
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel based on its appreciation for families that travel with their pets. Our pet friendly room gave no concern of the past pets that stayed there. Though the hotel is a little on the aged side, it has been well maintained. The staff was great from start to finish.

The icing on the cake at this hotel was the Park Oasis Family Restuarant attached to the hotel. The food was fabulous. We ate there for breakfast and dinner. Use your $5.00 coupon giving by the hotel. Eat in or take back to your room and relax after a long day.

Will defineatly stay again!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Leslie H, General Manager at Best Western Park Oasis Inn, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us! I will be sharing your comments with our staff. It is good for them to see their efforts are appreciated. We look forward to having you and your family stay with us again. Have a great day and thank you again!

Baraboo, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I picked this hotel based on the favorable reviews other travelers left and the fact that the management took the time to comment on each one. I was not disappointed at all.

From the moment Sara at the front desk greeted us, to Julie wishing us good-bye the next morning, we had nothing but great experiences. The room was very well layed out and nicely decorated. The towels in the bathroom were plentiful and good quality. The refrigerator and microwave were plugged in and working.

Having a tempur-pedic mattress at home, I never expect to sleep well in a hotel, but I have to say that wasn't the case here. The bed was very comfortable and I didn't wake up with the expected back ache.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KJ918
Leslie H, General Manager at Best Western Park Oasis Inn, responded to this review, 7 December 2011
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. Your comments are greatly appreciated and will be passed along to all departments. Out ultimate goal is to provide our guests with a great experience and it is encouraging and rewarding to hear when we have done our jobs well.

Thank you again. We look forward to having you back as a guest.

Happy Holidays,
Whitewater
Reviewed 24 October 2011

The staff here are very friendly. The place is very clean and the rooms are spacious. I enjoyed my stay here and am a repeat guest. I feel that they are constantly remodeling, which is a good thing to do. I enjoy staying here on a regular basis.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Traveler8922
I am pleased to hear you are continually pleased when you stay with us. Repeat guests offer great feedback. I think it's great you get to see the changes we have made throughout the property the way we see them, knowing where we started.

Thanks again! My staff and I look forward to seeing you during your next visit!

Happy Holidays,
Leslie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mauston
0.3 km away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 4 in Mauston
28.3 km away
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Su...
#5 of 76 in Wisconsin Dells
24.7 km away
Adams Inn
Adams Inn
#1 of 1 in Adams

Been to Best Western Park Oasis Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK