“good getaway”
Review of Mill Creek Hotel

Mill Creek Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed 23 April 2012

What I would call a very small Residence Inn without breakfast. Front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful.. Rooms were nice size, good appliences and a skylight on the third floor where we were. Clean rooms, good bed and overall very comfortable. The elevator is small and VERY slow. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Much quieter on the creek side but you give up the lake view. Kind of a toss up.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Mary O, Marketing Director at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Thank you for staying with us. Our front desk personnel are so friendly that many of our guests just love to stay and chat. You will be happy to know that The Mill Creek Hotel is now offering a light continental breakfast on weekdays for our guests. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

The Mill Creek Hotel has 33 suites. We had room 311 which faced the wooded park. The Hotel is downtown - only 1 minute from downtown & the Lake. The hotel is very clean. Each room has a full kitchen, small living room, bathtub with jets, and a separate bedroom. Our room had a small porch with chairs that faced the wooded park. A TV in the living room and bedroom. I understand policies but could not check in till 3PM. At 3 PM - five couples were waiting to check in. I had called and asked if we could check in at 2:30 and was told yes but "check in is at 3PM." We did stop by at 2PM to ask a question and definitely got the impression - no check in till3. The written policy does state you could be charged an additional fee if checked in sooner. I would definitely stay here again. The price was very reasonable. There really is no lobby - just a small area to check in. That didn't affect us. We only stayed one night but would like to come back for a few days.

Room Tip: we had room 311 which faced the wooded park - very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Mary O, Marketing Director at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

We're glad you enjoyed your stay.
We try to make help out with the check-in time as much as possible, it helps to let us know as soon as you can what time you will be arriving.
We welcome your next visit to Lake Geneva and The Mill Creek Hotel

Reviewed 18 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at Mill Creek Hotel 3-10-2012-a Staurday night. I found this Hotel by looking at other reviews. It was a pleasant surprise to see that it was a smaller Hotel and find that the room was So beautiful and even more beautiful was standing on porch and looking at the stream that runs alongside the Hotel. The birds were busy singing and it was like being all alone even though you were in a Hotel.
The Hotel is close to everything and you can see Lake Geneva from the balcony too.
We had such a nice peaceful stay-our mini-vacation. Would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: The even side rooms are on the stream and nature side.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Candace C
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed here with my wife and 1 year old daughter and was impressed. The lobby can be deceiving by its size and dated look but the room with its amenities is another story. We rented a suite and it surpassed expectations. Very clean, large and comfortable. Bathroom is great and my wife loved the tub. Location is right downtown so no need to pick up car keys once checked in.

Will be returning in the future!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2012

The Mill Creek Hotel was a very nice place to stay. Above average. Extremely impressed with the size of the Suite and the modern amenities (as compared to our first impression of the lobby). My husband & I walked to the front desk and when a gentleman with a baby stroller walked through the front doors, the lobby was instantly crowded. The very slow elevator ride had us nervously giggling. We hovered at our 3rd floor stop for a good few seconds before it settled in and the doors finally opened. So if your clausterphobia makes you weary of elevators, take the stairs or stay on a lower floor. We'd booked on-line and chose a Bronze Suite, the least expensive of the types of suites. When reading through all the booking notations, it makes it absolutely clear about their fees and policies. This is a boutique hotel not a predictable, huge chain. Through recommendations read on-line, I'd requested a high floor and received room 304. I loved the skylight in the living area and with the room set up, I could watch tv in the living area while soaking in the ginormous, tub. We turned on the fireplace, via a windey, timey thingey on the wall, and it made the place cozy. So cozy that we had to open the door to the balcony to cool the place off. (We thought of turning down the heat, but the marker-written notes on the heating/cooling unit had clear instructions not to stray passed the "comfort zone" marked off on the dial). The cute balcony, furnished with 2 comfy looking lounge chairs, was overlooking the back of a low building and parking lot (as bronze was the least expensive, but we weren't here for the view). I'd read that if it wasn't busy, I could ask for a view of the creek, but I wasn't sure if I'd then be charged the Gold or Platinum rate for the view and I didn't feel comfortable enough at the check in to ask for a free upgrade. (I'd already felt I was putting the Front Desk person out for the higher room). There was another nice sized tv in the bedroom nook but since it wasn't too far off the living area, it tended to turn on/off when powering up/off the tv in the living area with the remote. The bed was very comfortable and supportive. Loved the extra available pillows & blankets and was pleased to see a soft, knitted blanket as well. Slept like a log. I wish I'd packed some eggs, bacon & toast as the kitchen area made me want to cook! It had a full sized fridge, electric, glass cooktop, microwave, sink & dishwasher. Came complete with pots & pans, dishes, glasses, tableware, coffee pot & toaster... it was too bad we were only staying for the 1 Sunday night (if we booked for Saturday night, it would've been a 2 night minimum). The jetted tub was huge, lavish and indulgent & filled quickly. But make sure you fill it with hot water & run the jets a bit before actually using it because when we turned it on, there were little, flakey bits of flotsam & jetsam that spewed out (although not too much). With all the little quirkes aside, it really was a nice getaway with very nice amenities. We didn't have much interaction with the staff (checking in was fine enough and checking out was super quick). The small parking area is free to guests and a good portion of it was covered (as it's partly beneath the hotel) and I appreciated the elevator access from the lot. I can definitely recommend this for adults and check the column as a romantic stay. I've paid more for a bland Comfort or Hampton Inn so this is really getting a LOT for the value. I must reiterate the convenience of the location, just off of Main street shopping and so close to the lake. All in all a really enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple