“Worst experience I've ever had”

Timber Ridge Waterpark
Ranked #9 of 43 things to do in Lake Geneva
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

So....we go on a family reunion vacation back in the Midwest and adison is kicked out of the Waterpark for wearing a cheeky bikini. She points out others in the park wearing the same type of bathing suit and asks "why is that ok?" and the lifeguards response was "it's different!" Embarrassing to say the least for her and instead of apologizing for sexualizing a young girl they apologize with "we should of found her parents before kicking her out!" Shame on you Timber Ridge at Grand Geneva for singling out a teenager at your Waterpark and asking her to leave for wearing an absolutely appropriate swimsuit and having zero signs posted saying otherwise. We will never go back to your business again because we don't support companies that treat women the way you treated my daughter.

4  Thank ericajoj
"zero depth entry"
"stayed days"
"the great wolf lodge"

Reviewed 3 August 2017

The Mountain Adventure day package was perfect for our girl scout troop to enjoy a day at the water park. Value is excellent for what was included(full day at the water park, one meal & arcade credit). Facilities were clean, staff was friendly and helpful, food included in the meal was decent, and we had an excellent time. Both slides were fun, the lazy river was nice too, although it is too shallow in many spots. Indoor-outdoor hottub was well-liked by my girls. I'm glad we went in the summer where we could enjoy the outdoor pools, too, otherwise my girls might have gotten a little bored after awhile because the basketball pool was a bit too crowded for general swimming. Over all, a fun trip for my troop.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

This was our second visit to the water park and our granddaughters had so much fun that we had to return for another visit this year. The constant vigilance of the life guards is great and the facility is exceptionally clean for all the traffic. The place was filled with young families and everyone seemed to be having fun.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

This is a great water park for families with young children. It is in a quiet area of Wisconsin, so you don't get the craziness of the Dells. My daughter was 12 when we just visited and she was entertained for a while. I do think that she may grow bored with the water park in years to come though because there is limited stuff for her to do. There is one body slide, one tube slide, a lazy river, an activity pool, a medium slide, a net with logs to cross, 3 hot tubs, a kiddie area with two small slides, an outdoor kiddie area with two small slides, and an outdoor activity pool with one larger slide. The rooms are better than anything in the Dells and are much cheaper. If you can afford it, I would get the larger of the rooms, it is really massive and the kids thought the loft was cool. They have a kitchen with everything but an oven, so it is easy to bring your own food and save money that way. The arcade is nice and they even had a special running when we came where we earned $5 to spend. The hotel is very clean and you could spot a member of housekeeping cleaning an area almost any time you walked around the hotel. The lifeguards were great and were very good about keeping the kids following the rules. A lifeguard even "kicked out" some teenagers who were repeatedly breaking the rules around the little kids which I thought was great. I would definitely stay here if your kids are 12 or under. Older than that and I question how much there is to do for them. Downtown Lake Geneva is also fun to walk around but things are a bit expensive. All in all we love Timber Ridge! Check out the website for "Timberiffic deals" which saved us a lot of money when we stayed certain nights.

1  Thank Jill A
See more reviews
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

For some reason ZOE gave me the hardest time checking in. My family had already checked in the room and my boyfriend and I arrived later. (We are sharing the room) The reservation was not under my name, but under my moms and under MY email. I showed her the confirmation email and gave her my name and room number. She said she could not give me a room key because my name is not under the reservation. She said if somebody answers the phone she could give us a key, so she called the room my brother picked up and STILL did not give me the key after that. So my brother came down to get me, she asked for his ID and then gave me the key. HIS NAME IS NOT ON THE RESERVATION EITHER. So none of this makes sense.. I could've easily gotten a room key and went straight to the room, but instead ZOE gave me a hard time. We are here for the weekend so hopefully it gets better! I only gave 2 stars because of the poor service.