I made reservations 90 days in advance for a conference to ensure that I would have a room in the main facility and not the neighboring Timber Ridge Lodge. I called the day I was to check in to verify the cancellation policy, and was told my card would be charged for two nights as the policy is 72 hrs in advance for cancellation, so I interpreted this to mean that there was a room reserved for me. I checked in late, about 10:30pm, and was told non-nonchalantly that my room was actually at Timber Ridge. I called the B.S. card and assured the front desk staff that my reservation was specifically for the Grand Geneva Resort as I didn't want to be changing buildings from where the conference was being held. I then learned that the Resort was overbooked and I got booted to Timber Ridge. I was quite unhappy about this as I intentionally made reservations far enough in advance to prevent this from happening. That being said, the reason I gave the experience a 4/5 is because of the friendliness of the staff and the accommodations they provided to make it right. Aaron Osborne, the Director of Rooms, came greeting me the following morning to personally apologize for the mishap and explain the situation that occurred to cause the overbooking. I appreciated his efforts to reach out, and he also upgraded our room both nights and, in the end, I was not charged for the rooms. The staff was professional and apologetic throughout the weekend. One comment about the premier suite that we stayed in. i was surprised that there was no microwave. Fridge, seating area for entertaining, no mircowave. I expected one. Also, the lighting in the bathroom is fair, at best. There is a magnified and back lit makeup mirror attached to the wall, but the can lights in the ceiling are not sufficient (even with the makeup mirror) to see well. The way the can lights are installed in the ceiling actually cast shadows on your face while looking into the mirror. I also thought the way the room was laid out was funky - you walk past the bed to the entertainment room that is separated by a pocket door. So if someone wants to go to bed early, you have to walk through the "bedroom" to exit the room. i would think you would want to reverse the entertainment room position with the bed so if someone wants to go to bed they can be left alone without people walking past them to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Geneva® Resort is the place to meet. Whether a corporate meeting, convention or a gathering with friends and family, the endless range of meeting rooms & space and activities will keep everyone engaged. Conveniently located between Chicago and Milwaukee, there is so much to do at Lake Geneva’s only four diamond resort.Corporate travelers and families alike will find what they need to re-focus, relax or rev-up. With over 62,000 square feet of banquet space, guests have multiple options to choose from for that important business meeting, church retreat, wedding reception or family vacation. Or take time and enjoy a relaxing experience at the newly renovated WELL Spa or one of many dining options, while an indoor waterpark and kid’s program offer the excitement kids crave. Enjoy a group bonfire at the horse stables, a fast plunge down a ski hill, a serene walk through the trails or a drive down a fairway on two championship golf courses – all situated on Grand Geneva’s seemingly endless acres.No matter your reason for meeting….it’s all here in one Grand location in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Kognitiv US Corp so you can book your Grand Geneva Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Geneva Resort And Spa
- Grand Geneva Hotel Lake Geneva
- Grand Geneva Lake
- Lake Geneva Illinois