“Awesome!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Elmhurst, Illinois, United States
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

My Wife and I decided to get away for a 1 night "babymoon" as she is due to have our little girl in June. I booked her a pre-natal massage at the Well Spa and she absolutely loved it! It really helped her ease some of the pain she had been experiencing. During her massage I was able to go down to the golf course bar and watch the Masters. Mandi at the bar was really nice and never let me go dry!! We ate dinner at the Grand Cafe and the service/food was excellent. We were a little dissapointed that the Italian Restaurant "Brissagio" was closed, as this was our first choice. However I think it was to accomodate some guests that were using it for a few weeks.

Thanks for a relaxing getaway before the baby comes!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (685)
Hanover Park, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Love this place! My husband and I have been coming here once or twice a year for the past few years and I have to say that since the renovations, the Grand Geneva is a wonderful place to stay! I highly recommend the Chop House for both the food and the view. The staff is very accommodating and has upgraded our room several times just because we asked. It is very close to town and has spectacular views. It's a great little getaway!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chrisitna P
Skokie, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed in a room with a king size bed facing the golf course.The view of the golf course is gorgeous.It is so peaceful to look at.The room is spacious and has a very comfortable bed and nice linens. We ate at the Geneva Chop house which was delicious and had very good service.We even received a complimentary desert because we were celebrating my husbands birthday. After dinner we sat outside by a nice fire pit and socialized with other guests.We then went to the disco and danced to a DJ s music. There was live music before dinner as well. We had spa services which were really nice. The woman's locker room is really nice with a steam room, sauna and hot tub in it with the best showers that have multiple shower heads and are great. There is a piano bar in the lobby but we ran out of time to go there but seemed very nice. The service is very good and they are very accommodating. I was there in the summer as well and the pool outside is a great place to relax in the sun at and has food and bar service.Again the view is beautiful. The front desk staff are very nice and helpful. I cant wait to go back. Its a great place for couples and families too. The grounds are wonderful!

Room Tip: Ask to be close to the front desk,golf course view
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hyjammy
Shorewood, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed at the Grand Geneva over Labor Day weekend (for which they doubled the price each night) for our 6-year wedding anniversary. We were originally placed in a first floor room with a boring view and we asked for a higher floor with a much more beautiful view of the golf course, pond, and water features. The downside of this was there was no elevator service and we had to walk up/down stairs with all of our luggage/baggage. Although my husband thought the TV in the bathroom mirror was neat, I didn't care to use a bacteria-infested bathroom remote. Because of the balcony door being occasionally opened, flying bugs often made their way into the room and stayed there. Grand Cafe, the casual restaurant within the hotel we visited the morning of our anniversary, was pretty good. We ate the buffet breakfast and although they had only a moderate selection of items, the waitress brought me pancakes from the kitchen after I asked. Ristorante Brissago, the Italian restaurant within the hotel we visited the night of our anniversary, was fantastic! The food was delicious, the service was excellent, and they included some added bonuses for our anniversary at no cost (a red rose at the table, a champagne toast, and yummy dessert).

Room Tip: higher floor will provide nice view, but beware of stairs.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MDGGRS, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thank you for your recent posting on your visit during Labor Day Weekend. Thank you for honoring us with the opportunity to host your wedding anniversary weekend. I was pleased to read that the staff was able to accommodate your request for a room with a view. I did want to share with you that we do disinfect the remote controls during each servicing of the guest room. I look forward to your return visit and if I can be of assistance to you now or at any time in the future, please do not hesitate to contact my office at (262) 249-4713.

Thank you for your business as well as your feedback.

Brett Sundstrom
Des Plaines, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

My husband and I live in Chicago. We have visited Lake Geneva numerous times, but were staying at the Grand Geneva for the first time. We arrived on Sunday 2 hours before check in. Our room was ready! I had reserved a Lake View King room. The view was spectacular, but the rug was full of cookie crumbs! A whole pile of them. No problem! They quickly sent out someone to vacuum them up. Unfortunately, the maid did not knock before entering. Scared the beegeebus out of me! But, she quickly resolved the problem. Upon arrival, they had asked us if we wanted to upgrade for a small additional fee, we decided to go back to front desk and upgrade. A wonderful young man named Jonathan Webster took care of business for us and boy were we happy we asked. We really loved our new accommodations. Same spectacular view, but some room to move in. My husband golfed on The Brute! It was brutal but fun. We had dinner at the Chop House. The food was
just wonderful but it can get pricey. We also sat by the fire pit and had an after dinner drink.
We definitely plan on returning. Thanks J. Webster! You made our stay special. I would recommend though that all staff be reminded to knock on the door before entering a guest room! This happened 2 more times during our stay (not by our cleaning lady, she was awesome)!

Room Tip: Definitely pony up for the lake view room. It is well worth it.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple