All reviews great location king suite convention center bars and restaurants within walking distance room was large bed and pillows nice stay the river downtown lacrosse staff was friendly riverside park conference mississippi
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

I've stayed in this hotel twice (1 week each time). Both times the rooms were dirty, but the second time was worse (some of the towels had been used, the sheets on one of the beds were not changed, the inside of the toilet was moldy, the floor was filthy, etc.) It was disgusting. The hotel staff will also start banging on your door at 8:30 am on check out day, even if you have a DND sign up. During the second stay, I never got to sleep in any of the days due to all of the shouting in the hallway before 9am. One of the mornings, some one was shouting about a housekeeper being drunk on the job. Needless to say, I am not a happy camper...

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Hi Alexandra P,

Holiday Inn is known for great customer service, exceptionally clean rooms and restful visit, however, I'm sorry you experienced the opposite during your visit. What you described certainly isn't what we want our guests to have. I've relayed the details of your feedback to the hotel management and staff for corrective measures to be taken to avoid these from happening again. We have also sent you a private message to gather more details about your experience.

We value you as our guest and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to host you again for chance to provide you with a much better experience.

Best regards,

Joel A

Reviewed 10 July 2018

This property is ideally located for downtown La Crosse activities. Love being accessibility to the waterfront, convention center and bars and restaurants are a total plus, Many have expressed frustration with this hotel and my only complaint would be an understaffed front desk. It seemed only 1 individual was on site during a busier weekend and that made check-in last longer than desired. Also a courtesy call at 10:22 PM (we checked in at 5 PM) asking how our room was etc. startled us and was unnecessary at this time. That should be done at a more reasonable time. Our king room was decent size with a nice sitting area and comfortable bed. The room and facilities were also clean and well kept. As others have posted - there is breakfast at a cost: my advice-walk to Fayze’s located 2 blocks away. Unfortunately there was no regular coffee available when I checked. Overall this hotel fit our needs but having just stayed at a HI in Sioux Falls, I can’t give it 5 stars as it didn’t match up to that property where I was welcomed well as a Platinum member and the front desk was staffed with 3 members.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Average hotel. Nothing stands out. Lots of bars and food places within walking distance. Nice Park along the Mississippi River. Riverside Park. Paddle Boat rides from the park. Shopping is close in downtown.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Hello BBQJIM,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for leaving a review. I am happy that our location worked for your travel needs. However, I am sad that we failed to make your stay more memorable. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

Again, thank you for staying and we hope to see you again.

Best Regards,

John O

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel had everything I needed and was very clean. The staff were all very helpful and it is centrally located downtown. I didn’t have the breakfast but being able to get coffee in the morning was nice.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

I don't even want to give this hotel 1 star because it deserves less. I was planning on staying at this hotel and attending a concert across the street but my car was hit and I received a subpoena to court and cannot come since I live a couple hundred miles away. I called the hotel to try to cancel my reservation and get a refund and to begin with they said that they couldn't do anything it would have to be corporate. So I said ok and called corporate but I was surprised to find out corporate said the hotel is the only one able to refund. By that time I'm extremely angry, all I want is my one night stays money back. When I call the hotel back they said that they don't care they will not give a refund, they also said that I can file a case but it's not going to do me any good and laughed. This is the worst service I have ever seen and nobody should ever stay at this hotel. I will never stay at another holiday inn again after this horrible experience. Also the person I was talking to at the Holiday inn was the manager.

Stayed: May 2018
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Hi erin09052,

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review, we welcome your thoughts. I'm sorry to hear about the situation and that you're let down by how your concerns were handled by one of our Managers. While we do understand your disappointment, we adhere to the Cancellation Policy agreed to at the time of booking. In any event, we're sorry for the inconvenience and we value your feedback which is shared with the team for reference. In line with this, do know that I've reached out to you privately to get more information.

Kind regards,