“Never coming back to this hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites La Crosse

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites La Crosse
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in La Crosse
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Never coming back to this hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2011

The room was nice that my company book. I tried calling the restuarant to get information for my expense report and they never picked up the phone even after 5 phone calls during various times of the day. Now i am out of money because they won't pick up the phone. I asked for the hotel to fax me a copy of my bill and it is 2 hours later and no bill has shown up.

This hotel is very clean but the staff is horrible at doing their jobs. For future stays will be elsewhere within the city of La Crosse.

The resturant was terrible too. My associate and I ate there for breakfast and the service sucked worse than the front desk. There was mold on the toast that my associate ordered and it took 20 minutes for toast!!! The place wasn't busy and they took forever to take my order and it took twice as long to get it. The wait staff claimed it is baked fresh everyday. Let me tell you something, mold doesn't grow overnight it takes a minimum of 1 week to start growning mold. The bread was obviously old and the wait staff swore up and down it was fresh. He also said they just got it in that morning. Well I guess we found a new strain of mold that rapidly grows on toast.

Overall, this wasn't a very good stay at all and I will stay at the Radisson the next time i am in the area. They need a new staff and better practices before they get in trouble with the department of health and get shut down. This is unacceptable especially since you are known nation wide.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank eltororojo05
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

I was supposed to be in Lacrosse for a trial. The case settled and I need to cancel my hotel reservation. They wouldn't let me...even though I called 6 days in advance.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank PeteAlb

Travellers are raving about these La Crosse hotels

Asheville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

Although the Holiday Inn told me that they provided shuttle service from the airport, they did not come through. They left me standing at the airport for over an hour. I made several calls to the hotel, but all I heard from them was that they were on the way. On the second call (after waiting 25 minutes), they told me that they did not have anyone to drive their van so they had called a taxi service. Finally, the driver of the Radisson van (who had been to the airport three times while I was waiting), took pity on me and drove me to the Holiday Inn. I checked in 1 1/2 hours after I arrived in La Crosse. I sent an email to their manager, but he did not respond to me. They just don't care. I will never stay there again!

Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank janrc2001
Mt prospect
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

Room #100 should be reserved for those in LaCrosse for fun and not sleep. Between the outer door being slammed shut all night long & the bar music next door, we got 3 hours of sleep for $159! Never again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river and away from the partying.