“Excellent option for great stay in the area”

Candlewood Suites La Crosse
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Iowa
“Excellent option for great stay in the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

i used Trip Advisor to select this hotel and am glad that I did. I chose it because of its combination of competitive rates (researched on my own) and positive reviews on this site.

This all suites hotel was easy to find, clean and the service was outstanding. The rooms were beautiful and the bed was very comfy.

It was one of those nights where the overnight staff on duty for our very late check in was still on duty when we had to be on our way again. That is not my favorite way to sleep overall.

My only personal concern was our room, which I think was 211, had a fridge that was quite loud and kept me awake on what I know was a challenging night to begin with. I took for granted until that night that being a light sleeper, I might also wake up if I slept that close to my own fridge at home.

Room Tip: Listen if your fridge seems to be running loud when you first enter the room.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank IowaTraveler925
mrkhughes, Manager at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Candlewood Suites! More and more travelers are relying on honest reviews from previous guests when making their hotel selections, and I can't thank you enough for contributing to our hotel's reviews. I'm glad that you experienced the great guest service and clean, comfortable suites that we pride ourselves on, but wish you had been able to enjoy the Sealy Posturepedic mattress to the fullest! I will be having our Chief Engineer take a look at the refrigerator in your room to make sure there isn't any excess noise coming from the unit. As you mentioned, there are new sounds to adjust to when sleeping in the same room as your kitchen appliances, but we certainly don't want them to be keeping you awake. Thanks again for choosing the Candlewood Suites of La Crosse, and I hope you'll stay with us again soon!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

I stayed at the hotel during a visit to UW La Crosse because of the location and because I am in the Priority Club. When I checked in (probably around 7:30 p.m.), there was no one at the front desk, but there was a sign saying they would be back. There was a young man on the phone behind the desk area and he came to help when he was finished. I was not recognized as a Priority Club member, nor were my point written in the key holder as they often are. My room was very clean, which is always important. The door handle did seem loose and was pointed slightly down and the manual lock didn't seem to turn all the way. I probably would have asked to switch rooms had they not been sold out. I put the u-shaped bar across the closed door. Bed was comfortable. Did not have a use to the kitchen, but it seemed to be very complete. I mistakenly thought a continental breakfast was included like many Holiday Inn properties where I've stayed. Was disappointed in the selection of prepackaged foods for breakfast at the pantry in the lobby area. We just ate the granola bars and apples we had brought.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank MelissaR08
Melissa, thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! I'm sorry that you experienced a few disappointments during your stay, and would love the opportunity to discuss them in further detail so that we can ensure these issues are addressed. I'd also love to hear any ideas you have for breakfast items in our Candlewood Cupboard - we are extremely flexible with the variety of products that we can provide, and want to make sure we offer something for everyone. If you could please contact me at skot@kinseth.com at your convenience, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks again for choosing Candlewood Suites.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

Stayed at this hotel instead of the Holiday Inn downtownn because of the price difference. Was pleasantly surprised with the room(full kitchen & plenty of work space). Attended the Heart of La Crosse performance at the pump house so the convenient location(near downtown) was a plus. Will definitely stay here next time in La Crosse.

1 Thank wisdom69
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review of our property to TripAdvisor! I really appreciate you sharing your experience with our future guests. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

We stayed for 3 nights while visiting UW-Lacrosse. It was really nice to have a kitchen. We were able to make our own breakfast each morning and we also used it to prepare dinner as well. The property even has a couple of gas grills for guest use. Grocery store is a couple of doors down which makes it easy to get supplies. The hotel seems to be quite new, and we had no problem with cleanliness. It was nice having a separate bedroom from the living/kitchen area. It was much roomier than a standard hotel room.

1 Thank sandy_bottoms
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Candlewood Suites! I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed the full kitchen in your suite. It just goes to show that you don't have to be here for an extended stay to enjoy our "Uniquely Candlewood" amenities. We hope to have you back again soon!
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

This is a nice hotel, very convenient, and we have stayed here several times when visiting our college daughter. Our room on our last stay, however, was less than clean, and had a musty odor.
We will probably try it one more time, but hope that the cleanliness will be improved.

2 Thank GnnFlt
mrkhughes, Manager at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor and thank you for your comments. I apologize that your room did not meet your expectations. I would very much like to speak with you regarding your most recent stay with us so that I may have an opportunity to find what room you were in and research it more and possibly find the cause for the musty odor so that it may be corrected immediately. I will be discussing the cleanliness issue with our housekeeping staff and head housekeeper to be sure nothing is overlooked or left undone. I really appreciate that you took the time to share your comments and I will be working toward a solution so that your expectations are met in the future as well as for other future guests. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!