All reviews marriott standards three blocks great location hot tub standard fare hot breakfast bagels across the river price point newer hotel workout room la cross riverside park morning breakfast large bathroom would stay here again clean hotel
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We like staying at the Fairfield Inn when coming to La Crosse. It is a newer hotel, built in 2016. Nicely decorated. Clean & comfy. It is easy walking distance to downtown to fine restaurants & plenty of shops & bars. Staff is friendly & accommodating. We had bought a bottle of wine & asked for a couple real glasses & they gave us wine glasses. Breakfast area is large, with a big selection of items to chose from. We always enjoy our stay there.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2018

Very clean rooms (had two for family) and a very plentiful breakfast with many choices to meet all your family ‘s wishes..Good location in downtown LaX. Close to restaurants, Riverside Park, and retail and grocery stores so visitors can walk to all the different facilities.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Good looking hotel. Good services but you can not depend on what the front desk says.

I was happy to find this hotel and had a great night sleep and very good breakfast. My workday was good, so good that I was able to complete everything in one day. I checked flights and called and checked with the hotel front desk at 4:06PM to see if I could adjust plans and be home early.

I was so happy I came by and told Keri I was going to get my bag and would be right down flip checkout.

When I arrived at the front desk Colin who watched me go upstairs informed me that because it was 4:45PM and not 4PM, the General Manager had determined that I would have to pay for half a day at the hotel, even though I was ready to walk out, bag in hand. I was not happy he said he did not think I would be. I told him if I had to pay a half night I would just pay a whole night. I told him I was definitely make others and Marriott Platinum Rewards members aware of this reversal, and how the word of the front desk can not be relied upon.

I felt very bad for the girl working the phone, that she had made a mistake and that he management team wasn’t supporting her. There was a comment about it being an issue with house keeping, but as I pressed that excuse went away. Finally he said it just policy.

He said he thought I might be so he said he could offer me points, more than what I would get if I stayed, 2000 points. I said that is nothing. It’s not about points it’s about doing what you agree to.

The bottom line is at this Fairfield Satisfaction is not Guaranteed.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank yessamme
Alexa F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites La Crosse Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Good Morning yessamme,

We are saddened to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations and that you were disappointed in our service. We pride ourselves in delivering a fun, friendly and professional atmosphere and service to all of our guests and it seems that yesterday we fell short of your expectations.

We do have a guaranteed free late check out available to our Platinum Elite guests as late as 4pm, which we would gladly honor for you! We are also able to extend this grace period to a few minutes after 4pm as we understand that travel plans change and sometimes things come up that we are unable to control. Travel can be stressful and we want to assist you with that!

Checkouts past the extended grace period may result in additional charges, such as a half day charge. Unfortunately since your checkout was close to 5pm, your departure had extended past our grace period of allowance and guaranteed 4pm checkout time as defined by Marriott Elite Member benefits.

We understand that you are frustrated with the situation as again, we know how stressful travel can be especially when there is a change of plans! You are always welcome to an open conversation with us in regards to the policy and the issue at hand that you experienced but I would like to thank you on your honest feedback so that we may grow from this experience. Thank you again and best wishes.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed the night at the Fairfield Inn LaCrosse Downtown. The hotel looks new and is very clean. The bed are comfortable and the rooms are quiet. Breakfast was good too. It could not be nicer. I highly recommend it! Nicer than some Courtyards.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Alexa F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites La Crosse Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear Memillikan,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for being a loyal and dedicated Marriott and Fairfield customer. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 21 August 2018

Lacrosse is a favorite stop of ours when heading out West on I-90. Great BBQ at Piggy's in the downtown area. Always stayed at the Courtyard because there were no other options for Marriott. This Fairfield is about 2 years old and really a nice friendly place. Free room upgrade without requesting it. Started to rain just after we pulled in. Allowed to park my hot rod under their hotel awning all night. This hotel is the "best" option for Marriott in this area.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear HOTROD37,

All cycles and bikes welcome! We are glad that you were able to be accommodated for your stay and absolutely want you to feel that you are treated like royalty! Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Marriott Brand. We hope to see you again. Safe riding!