“You get what it looks like you are going to get” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn La Crosse

Americas Best Value Inn La Crosse
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in La Crosse
Ohio
“You get what it looks like you are going to get”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

This is one of those hotels that you end up in at 10 or 11 at night when you don't have a reservation and everything else is booked up. The kind of place you pay your money and take your chance...
Just take what you need to go to bed and get up with in the morning, brush your teeth and head on down the road. And just tell yourself, it was better than sleeping in your car-unless you have a really nice car with heated leather seats etc.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank digger-ace
Divna M, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn La Crosse, responded to this review, 19 August 2016

Lisa
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ramsey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

We stayed in this property 3 days and we loved it. Our kids felt very safe and welcome, loved the breakfast in the morning with waffles and fruits. Room had a nice home furniture and tv chairs ,outdated but for the price that we got we really didn't mind. Very helpful staff ,having family in La Cross , we will be back for sure.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a positive review.
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you and your family felt safe and welcome!
Our staff tries very hard to keep our guest satisfied. We look forward to having your business again in the near future!

Take care!
Parker, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2011

My 3 day stay was terrible The room was very dirty bathtub was black on the bottom the drain was slow ,while showering you stood in your own dirty water yuck towels were stained bedspread had bun holes as well as the sheets! very little heat thermostat needed to be set @80 for some warmth. The electronic plastic keys did not work properly had to go to the front desk daily for new keys everyday breakfast was not worth your time you would be better off going next door to the gas station next door for coffee and a donuts I came home from my trip only to find out I was charged twice for my stay called the hotel and was told to call back another time. I have to say the manager did contact me and offered to comp me$ 50,00 off of my bill of 181.00 for 3 nights Pay the extra 20 bucks and stay someplace else Note I haven't seen any 50.00 credit to my account as of yet nor has the extra 181.00 charge been taken off of my bank statement !

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank cleaninglady11

Travellers are raving about these La Crosse hotels

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2011

The staff has always been friendly, but in the past the rooms haven't been as clean as I would like to see them. I have seen a huge difference in the last month with the cleaniness of their rooms and the front desk staff talked about more improvements that are planned for the next several months. Great stay and great price!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We always are trying to improve the experience that guest have when they stay with us and we will continue to do so.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

St. Paul, MN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2010

I stayed at the La Crosse America’s Best on 8-6-2010 and 8-7-2010, in room 211. I has very displeased with the hotel for a number of reasons.

Apparently, the room hadn’t been used in some time, which was evident by the thick coating of dust accumulated on the night stand and headboards. I left a message for the staff by writing it in dust. There were no chairs in the room, no clock, no clock radio so I could set an alarm, and the phone, which was actually from the 1970's, was not in working order. I had a little dog with me, and she found some very stale and moldy bread on the floor from a previous tenant. Checking further to rid the floor of future dog snacks, I was appalled at the amount of debris along the floorboards. The lighting was very bad, electrical sockets overloaded, and only one of the bedside lights had a bulb in it. Lastly, the deadbolt was inoperable! I realize this is a budget property, and that is why the beds and pillows were so substandard, but it is the safety and cleanliness issue which I find unacceptable, at any price. I have never left a hotel cleaner than when I found it until Sunday morning, when I couldn’t get out of there fast enough.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Dear guest,

I'm so sorry your stay was not as expected.
We have changed quite a bit since you have been here and I hope that you consider giving us another chance.
Thank you for your review!