“Good deal”

Motel 6 La Crosse WI
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Reviewed 2 February 2012

It is what you expect for the price you pay: hotel a bit outdated, furnishings showing the age, but clean, quiet, and well located. Staff was friendly, receptionist seemed to be young and inexperienced but manager helped her out. For a one night stay, it was a fair deal, and I appreciate their pet friendly policy. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

I am glad that you were happy with the room rates. We work hard and pride ourselves in making sure every guest's stay is well worth the dollar spent. I also really appreciate the pet friendly policy as I have a small dog of my own. I am very pleased that everything was noticeably clean during your stay. It is a challenge when we have a new employee join our team. The front desk staff has a lot to learn. We take new hires very seriously and make sure that everyone works to the best of their ability. Thank you again very much for your input and we hope to see you again soon!

Guest Services

Alexis Johnson

Reviewed 20 December 2011

Recently my husband and I stayed with our 2 kids. I was greeted by a very friendly cleaning crew. My room was spotless. I stayed there for a week and my husband and I always came to a clean, aired out room, the sheets were crisp and clean. The breakfast was hot and plenty of it. We were in need of extra towels and I forgot my deoderent and Mary was more than happy to get me one. I would recommend this place to any parent, quiet, clean and a kid friendly enviroment. Upper mangement, should concinder a pool!!! Also, the rollawys were new and very comfy for the 3 year old!! Heres to Mary the cleaning lady for our spotless room, Go Mary!!! We will be back soon and requesting your professionalism.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank jenny59973
H0J0GM, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! We have an excellent housekeeping staff here at the Howard Johnson, we receive a ton of compliments on their work and friendly personalities. Unfortunately there are no plans for a pool in the works, but we try our best to be as accommodating as possible to families. We are always happy to provide our guest with a free swim pass to our local YMCA pool. We would be honored to have you and your family stay with us again. Thank you for your compliments and kind words, we always love to hear what our guests think.

Guest Services

Tony Berg

Reviewed 21 September 2011

This Howard Johnson is ok for a night stop over, but not anymore for me. The room is small, no refrig/microwave, and since we live on the road, thats essential for us. Like I said ok for a one night stop over. The rate I paid $ 84.00 for a one double bed, I thought that was pretty high for this very simple, basic room. Room did appear clean, and I checked everything, it is dated a little but didnt really fine no issues with the workings of everything. The front desk staff were very helpful and pleasant! Would I stay here again, probably not due to the actually size of room and layout.

Room Tip: Try to get the biggest room and/or suite they have available. Basic rooms are very small.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank bkapink
H0J0GM, General Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

Thank you for the compliments of clean rooms and friendly staff. The Howard Johnson La Crosse staff loves to hear those words, as this is what they strive to achieve every day!

Motel rates are based on room availability. As less rooms are available the rate goes up. Perhaps you stayed with us on a busy evening. If you are ever in the area again and are able to call ahead, we do offer special corporate and commercial trucker rates, etc. as long as we are aware. Advance reservation will also increase the chances us being to accomodate your need for a microfridge, as 80% of our rooms have them.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and would be happy to better accomodate your needs in the future!

Rodney A. Piotraschke

Reviewed 6 September 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 9 weeks and I was extremly happy with the Hotel, the price, the service. I travel alot and stay in another hotel a block away and the place was more expensive but in was not as nice as the Howard Johnson Lacrosse Wi.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank eantripp
H0J0GM, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Howard Johnson La Crosse, we thank you for your stay and positive words! We are extremely pleased you were happy with your stay, as well as our staff! Our friendly front desk staff are always here to help and readily available with information and input- from local dining to scenery- and we hope when you return to the area you will allow us to accommodate you again!

Reviewed 9 August 2011

I stayed here with my two teenage daughters for a weekend leisure trip. I was pleasantly surprised by the amenities provided by this budget motel. Nice soaps/shampoo, coffee in the room, and the TP and tissues were good quality. This place wasn't sparkling clean or updated, but it's comfortable and surprisingly quiet. In fact, quieter than many mid-level hotels we've stayed. The front desk staff was very polite, and offered that if we found that we'd forgotten to bring any toiletries, we should call them, as they have replacements available. USA Today available in the lobby. We didn't sit down to eat breakfast in the morning, but were able to grab a wrapped muffin in the lobby at check out. More than enough!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank dannolisa
H0J0GM, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

We are glad that you and your lovely family enjoyed your stay here in La Crosse and we are honored that you chose to stay with us. Do come again and if you ever need an activity to do in while in La Crosse, one of our friendly concierge desk staff would be more than happy to set you up. Thanks!

Guest Service