Review Highlights
Autumn Colors Weekend golf and spa weekend!

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Reviewed 9 September 2018
CaliSally
Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin
via mobile

All reviews steam room carriage house hot tub american club lounge area plunge pool couples massage waters spa minute massage relaxing experience mother daughter body scrub vichy shower full body relaxation room light lunch star rating
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went to Waters for spa treatments while staying at the American Club and were definitely underwhelmed. The spa is overpriced and the weird construction had us checking in on one level, changing into robes on another level, taking an elevator to another level for services, and then to another level to sit in the relaxation room. Services fell far short of expectations given the reputation the Kohler Spa has. Kinda want my money back.

2  Thank Travelathon
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

We took a quick getaway after business trip in the Green Bay area to Kohler for an autumn leave drive and golf weekend. First day weather was not looking golf friendly, so we called the spa for last minute bookings! We lucked out and I booked the hubby a massage and for me, the uniquely yours facial. We both agreed our services
Were great!! Loved all that I received with my facial! Something to keep in mind when looking at the prices of services (it’s pricey), you are paying for all of what the spa offers-the spas, cold water plunge pool, waterfall pool, sauna, steam room and your service. You have access all day if you have a service booked. There is a cafe, too. Go a couple hours before your service and enjoy all of what this spa offers. Lots of coed areas to share your experience together (take your swimsuit). Tip: if you want to get a spa service “with” your significant other (which they do have), you will need to book that out weeks in advance. I respected the no photos policy in the spa, so have none, but this multi-level Kohler spa (do have elevators) is beautiful and worth experiencing!

1  Thank jrmouts
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

I have been wanting to try the Kohlers water spa for some time now and was excited to try it. The staff was very welcoming; gave us a tour after we checked in and answered all of our questions. When we arrived (10am) it was pretty empty and very relaxing. Steam room and hot tub in the women’s locker room were very nice. The signature facial was really amazing and the technician did a fantastic job-highly recommend. Signature massage was also very good, but if I had to pick one I would pick the facial. Lunch was alright (food just so so) but the waitress was very attentive and we pre ordered so no wait time at all. After lunch, we relaxed in the hot tub/waterfall area for a few hours and it was so nice to sit peacefully. The waterfall was a little bit loud but beautiful. Only reason not 5 stars is because the cafe was just okay and because it is very high prices. Some wear and tear on the general areas as well (chipped paint, broken tile, smudges on glass).

1  Thank CaliSally
Reviewed 6 September 2018

I am a local resident so I feel fortunate to have this caliber of spa experience within close range. My services were wonderful, the staff was professional as always. The expanded pool area is relaxing. Overall I can't compare the prices to other spas, but for the ambiance, snacks, refreshments, and service, I'd say it's worth it. I did take notice the interior of spaces is showing wear and tear and could use some TLC (chipping paint, dirty baseboards and doors). I left a happy, relaxed camper.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

We have wanted to go to the Kohler Water Spa for the last few years. This weekend we decided to splurge and go for the weekend. I recommend going to the Spa on a Sunday as you only have to have one spa service, we went around 11 and I was happy that it wasn't too crowded. My Husband and I got the, "The RiverBath and Massage for 2 by Kohler embraces you with the flow of river currents and soft color hues. A full-body exfoliation and moisturizer detoxify and hydrate the skin. Followed by a 50 min massage." When you arrive they automatically charge you for 20% gratuity... Just be mindful of that- you can adjust this at any time. The staff is extremely conscientious and we even got a tour of the Spa before our services. My husband and I have been to Spas all around the world and this had the most "5 star feel." There were some things missing - there were lots of chairs to lay on but I wish there were more co-ed spaces for saunas and steam rooms- they have these in the locker rooms but they are very small. I also would have liked an option to have a snack brought to my chair while I was relaxing. I'm not sure if you had to go back upstairs to the cafe or not?

I wish I would have asked more questions about the service we picked because I was under the impression it was a different service... this included a bath where you soak in a tub for 20 minutes with your partner. I also was under the impression that a exfoliation scrub was done with an actual exfoliating cream not just a glove? The service started with a dry exfoliation- I have had many scrubs and I was sad to see that this was their version of a scrub? Next was the bath and after was the massage. My husband and I both agreed that it did not feel like a massage but a 50 min rub. We were very relaxed and did enjoy our time there. I would come back for a special occasion as this is a more expensive treatment and establishment.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Loved the spa, massage and body scrub. Great service and amenities. Loved the informality of walking around in your robe.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

Well worth it and same price to similar spas across the country!! My husband and I visited Kohler Waters Spa and stayed the night at the American Club for our 1st year anniversary. We did not know what to expect based on the reviews but were very pleasantly surprised. We were treated so well throughout the weekend! Instantly when we pulled up to the American Club we were treated very well. We started at the Spa - were the treatments were fantastic and worth it. We were treated to champagne and an extra eye treatment. The spa was nice and an interesting lay out. My only compliant around the spa - was it is was not as quiet as expected - there were a lot of people in the area for the size of the space. My favorite spa in Asheville has 4x the space with half the people. After the spa we stayed the night at the American Club - absolutely beautiful and extremely comfortable. We went to the Immigrant for dinner - the foot was good but not great - I would have expected it to be better but we were both happy with our meal - honestly the best thing about it was how well were treated and that we had an area of the restaurant to ourselves - which felt so special. We also enjoyed the Sunday breakfast and the bottomless Mimosas - both my husband and I believe this could become a yearly tradition for our anniversary - we liked it that much! Also perfect drive from Chicago!

1  Thank Stephanie G
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Wonderful place to completely relax. I thoroughly enjoyed the water massage I had and friend enjoyed the "When Life Gives You Lemons" massage. Had a lovely lunch after our services. Could have stayed all day.

1  Thank Beverly H
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

This was my first spa experience. I had a hot stone massage, and it was amazing. Staff were kind and made me feel comfortable. You can easily spend a whole day here. Relaxation is their main priority. Prepare to be pampered!!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

very expensive. They do treat you well. Food is average. Find a place in town. spent the night if you can.