“Awesome Location and Much Nicer Than Expected” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Kenosha
Madison, Wisconsin
“Awesome Location and Much Nicer Than Expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I typically avoid Best Westerns because I’ve had some bad experiences, and the reviews for this hotel weren’t particularly positive but I was tired of driving out to Pleasant Prairie to spend the night when working downtown so I finally caved and stayed here. I was very pleasantly surprised and wished I had stayed there earlier. As everyone else has said the location is great and it’s in walking distance to a number of restaurants and bars. The ability to simply walk across the street to get back to my room after drinking a few amazing beers at Captain Mike’s was greatly appreciated. I didn’t spend the extra $10 for a harbor view room and although it’s a nice view and it’s cool that it’s on the water it really wasn’t that scenic so I didn’t feel like I was missing out too much.

The hotel certainly isn’t the newest but I didn’t notice any real issues like ripped or stained carpet or marks on the walls. The hotel seemed clean and the rooms were decent sized. The pool and lobby area were very nice with lots of windows. Breakfast was better than most with a few extra hot items like bacon, breakfast burritos, and potatoes. The pastries and muffins were also of above average quality. All of the staff I met was very friendly. One last additional perk was that on Tues-Thur between 6-8 they have some cheese and crackers out and give you a free drink. Given the price and location this is a great hotel, and if you want to stay downtown you don’t really have any other options anyways.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank ScubaBucky
GMTonyCruz, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
From the hotel staff and management we want to Thank You for your business and kind remarks about our hotel. The new owners and management have been working hard to remodel, reshape and clean this hotel. It very rewarding to see our hard work is appreciated. Thank you again, and have a great day.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Wellesley, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

We decided to stay here as we wanted to be near the downtown area and by the lake. Their website describes double beds (accurate), over-sized (not accurate) rooms. It was just a small room with double beds. We needed a roll-away bed as well. I didn't expect the world with the roll-away but I also didn't expect to feel every coil.

The morning of the next day, we were greeted to a mouse running across the floor from the trash can to the bed. We called the front desk and exited the room immediately. The response was: 'well we didn't find anything.' We debated checking out and decided to change rooms instead. We switched rooms to another with a new roll-away bed (no coils this time....just the hard metal frame poking through).

When we got the bill there was no credit whatsoever from the first night (mouse). I had to mention it upon checkout and even then they only gave me 20% off the first night, which equated to $20 off my $250 bill (what?!?!?!@#?!@#!).

We also had a treat each time we came back to the hotel of a grandmother (could have been mother) smoking on the walkway step with her poor grandson by her side. I'm wondering if they lived there.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Christy H
GMTonyCruz, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Hello Ma’am,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western Harborside Kenosha we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. Please take my personal apology for the inconveniences during your stay at my hotel. Because we did not provide you with the service you deserve, I will contact you shortly to talk about what I can do to make this situation right. Thank you again for your feedback and your business, and we will be in touch.

Travellers are raving about these Kenosha hotels

Plainfield, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

My reasonably priced room was clean, newly remodeled and had an excellent view both during the day and night! Location was easy to find. Staff was super friendly. Common areas were clean. Wireless worked great in room. Breakfast was better than continental, but nothing great. Near fun bars, restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Kevin L
Best Western H, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Greetings

Thank you for posting a review on our Trip Advisor Page. We truly appreciate all your feedback and we will share your comments with the staff. We would be delighted to host you back as we will have a brand new hotel soon. We are also upgrading our breakfast hot items and it would be wonderful if you could share with us your favorite breakfast items.

Hopefully we will see you soon

Best Western Management Staff
Sioux Falls, SD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

The staff couldn't do enough to make a person happy ... the rooms were not new, but they were CLEAN and well kept up ... I definitely stay here again, if I return to Kenosha .. ... it truly is a great place to say and reasonably priced ... great view overlooking Lake Michigan ... Dr. Constance Spicero

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank LIttle123traveler
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

I don't usually stay at Best Western Hotels but I needed a room for one night in Kenosha. There were plenty of options right off the interstate (Hwy 94) but I opted to drive about five miles into Kenosha to stay at this location on the water.

My room was $87 including tax. No Priceline options here. The room was standard but it faced the water. Parking and internet were free as was breakfast which was mostly oatmeal and cereal. They also have a "happy hour" where the first drink is on them.

I had a burger at the place directly across the street. They also make their own Root Beer which was very good.

I would stay here again.

Cheers.

Marius

Room Tip: Request a water view.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Marius40
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenosha
11.3 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Kenosha
8.9 km away
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant P...
#2 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie

Been to Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK