“Comfortable, Relaxing, and Exceptional Host”
Review of Finca El Mirador

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tajo Alto
Finca El Mirador
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Finca El Mirador was a great place to begin our exploration of Costa Rica. Uli is one of the warmest, cheerful, and attentive hosts we have ever experienced. She really makes this place special, and our two daughters immediately felt comfortable with Uli and her beautiful dogs. She achieves a perfect balance between being attentive when we need it and also just allowing us to relax without intrusion... not an easy task.

As a Bed and Breakfast, we were impressed by the attention to privacy and relaxation. The bungalows are private, clean, and well maintained. Ours had a hot plate, fridge, kitchen table, comfortable beds, and outdoor chairs. The breakfasts were excellent and varied during our three nights there.

A highlight for our two daughters was the pool with amazing views. I enjoyed birdwatching and walking around the beautiful property. During our stay we experienced the nearby waterfall zipline which was exceptional, and a cloudforest tour arranged by Uli with a nearby biologist who is extremely knowledgeable. After the tour his family cooked us a wonderful lunch before our drive back to the B&B.

Although we were traveling as a family, this would also be a fantastic place for a romantic 'retreat'. We wish Uli all the best with maintaining this beautiful place and hope that we can one day return.

Room Tip: Our bungalow was closest to the parking area and main house... we found it to be very private and co...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

I returned to Finca El Mirador this past February. Upon arrival I was instantly reminded why I fell in love with this place the first time! The staff (Uli, Gloria and Cesar) were so friendly and welcoming, making sure I felt right at home. The gardens were beautifully kept, rooms very clean and comfortable and food delicious! This place is truly a slice of heaven and I look forward to returning again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I just returned from my second stay at Finca El Mirador and can't wait to go back. Uli is a beautiful person and knows so much about the area and she knows so many people. I love just hanging out in the gardens and walking around the area. If that is not enough, Uli can help find just the right activity for you. Gloria and Cesar prepared wonderful meals. The rooms are clean and the view is spectacular, including the sunsets.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2012

If you are looking for a totally "non-tourist" place, this is it. This place is as pure as Costa Rica itself. I was recommend there by an eatery in Miramar. There are new signs posted by it not easy to find but that makes this place even more charming. The cliff-side swimming pool could not have been more inviting. The cabins were clean and simple with huge windows to let in the mountain breezes. Uli, the owner and host was perfect not only a wealth of information but one of the friendliest folks I meet on my 3 week stay in this gorgeous country. I only stayed one night but it was enough to know I found a gem of a place. If you do any dual-sport motorcycling, this place makes a good center base to stay. Also, Uli dogs are the friendliest and most protective any dog owner could hope for. I didn't feel any need to lock my door or my motorcycle. I WILL BE BACK Uli, thanks Jose.

Room Tip: Don't go there to watch TV. They do have Internet there though.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Thought that we would only stay for one night en route to the coast, but stayed, and stayed - and am so glad. From here, you can get to villages, coffee plantations and mountains that are authentic Costa Rica. Quiet places with unbelievable views that seem lost in the touristy side of Costa Rica. Exploring around the area, you find that you're utterly alone as a tourist, but still with enough local restaurants to keep you satisfied. You can walk out from the Finca through legendary views, the air is pure, whilstling over the mountains, the Finca's got its own woods: - I went hunting for the howler monkeys I could hear, but found only amazing butterflies and a flash of peccarie bottom.

Each day we stayed, we discoved more. We'd assumed that it would just be a resting place - but each time we asked Uli a quesiton there was more to do: meeting locals, bathing in the nature, walking. We were looked after SO well: as if we were family and friends, without any of the separation between host and guests that you sometimes get. And the sunsets - I'll add a photo - were mindblowing in themselves, as were the dawns. And there are hammocks

Room Tip: Either is great.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kn0wle

Been to Finca El Mirador? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK