“Super 8 is super”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
Toronto
“Super 8 is super”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I recently spent 10 days in Janesville, WI and stayed at the Super 8 Motel. I pre-booked the room and had no trouble when I checked in. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room itself was clean and had a king-sized bed. Also, in the room, was a mini fridge and a microwave. The TV and decor were not the most modern, but everything was comfortable and easy to use.
For the price, it was a good bargain and made my stay enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank tmwsToronto
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Minong, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stopped at the Janesville WI Super 8 on March 17th. They asked if I was AARP....told them I was and showed my card. The rate ended up being $59+. The next morning someone came in and took a room at no discount. Their rate ended up being $60+. I went out to the Super 8 website and it said the AARP rate for that motel was $48+. I asked the clerk about it and was rudely told "That's just the way it is!". I checked with Super 8 and they told me the individual hotels are privately owned and they have no control over what they charge. I have stopped using Super 8. Also we asked for a quiet room on top floor...ended up with a room on middle floor with someone running back and forth above us till after 11pm. The room was extremely dirty. I could find no extra power outlet other than in the bathroom. The daytime clerk was also constantly outside for smoke breaks.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank DDonarski
Carlyn T, Manager at Super 8 Janesville, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Mr. Donarski,
When you were checked in you were given a room that is a double queen room, and the rate for those is higher than for one bed. The following day when you went to check out, another couple was checking in. On Saturday the rates are higher than on a Sunday, as weekends are a prime time for travelers. As far as looking at Super 8.com they do show the rate at being $48 and up, but it also says that you can save up to 20%. But you have to book in advanced on the website to get that low of a rate. In our rooms we have several outlets, which there is one in the bedroom, under our desks, behind the end tables, and behind the microwaves. We here at Super 8 pride ourselves on cleanliness, and I want to thank you for taking your time to address that issue. I have talked to the front desk staff that had checked you out, and addressed the issue on how they chose to talk to you. It was not in the least right, and the situation is being handled in the proper matter. Thank you for taking the time to do a review to help us out at our property.
Mankato, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I read the reviews of this hotel, and I still decided to stay there due to its closeness to the highway. The room was clean and well maintained. I really enjoyed the staff members. One in particular was nice and friendly. I believe her name was Carlynn. I will stay there everytime I am in Janesville.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Cincinnati
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times. I recommend it and would stay there again.

It is cozy and the price is right. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, the breakfast is typical, and there was a waffle maker. I have no complaints.

The only minuses I can think of is that they do not allow pets and the entries involve stairs, but there are ramps.

Tip: The hotel is a little hard to see from the street. There is a large billboard in front of it which seems to hide it a bit. Also, as their signs say, avoid parking under the billboard because birds naturally like to sit on it.

Another tip: The pizza at the gas station next door is surprisingly good. :)

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Seymour
Reviewed 26 November 2011

The hotel staff was extremely friendly. The room we stayed in was very clean and well lit. One of the best Super 8 hotels I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple