Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
florida
“Just ok”
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Front desk personnel lacking in efficiency. Dropped our first night's reservation. Waited forever for rooms for second night, when some were actually available. Promised a fridge/micro - waiting 3 days to receive. Food typical HI. Mattress well worn.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Sue R
mkshis_11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I am so sorry that we were not able to follow through with the service that you deserve. I would love to discuss this further with you and make it right. Please contact me at kshisler@mhccinc.com.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Neshkoro, Wisconsin
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Why do you expect from a stay in a motel?? You want good night sleep in a clean, secure place for a reasonable price.You get that here.The bed is a simons beautyrest .Breakfast is
included.(eggs,sausage,bagels,cereal,gravy and biscuits,toast,fruit ,sweet rolls coffee juice,milk pancakes,)The empoyees were kind and helpful.The pool was clean and they have a hot tub.This is my top pick for janesville.

Room Tip: Ask for a refrigerator
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank DustyNeshkoro
Thank you so much for critiquing our hotel. I am glad that we were able to measure up to your expectations and that when in Janesville, we will be your hotel of choice. Kae Shisler/General Manager
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Stayed here on a Saturday night when Madison had a football game going on. I was expecting chaos. Instead, I was treated to a soft bed, large room, and overall quiet environment.

Priority Club members even get extra bonus points just for staying.

Friendly staff... even granted me late checkout.

They do a great promo with WRMN radio in Elgin IL... got me to check the place out, and I will be glad to go back!

Room Tip: I would suggest not facing the highway.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LEGGROOM
mkshis_11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to critique our hotel and share your comments. The comments help to guide us to better serve our guests. I was very pleased to read that your stay was a pleasant one and I am glad we will be your hotel of choice the next time your travels bring you to Janesville. Kae Shisler/General Manager
kshisler@mhccinc.com
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 September 2011

The hotel was ok. Room was clean, to close to hwy. Every time someone entered there room you herd the door slam all night.

Room Tip: Stay on West side
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jenniefer45colt
Thank you for taking the time to critique our hotel and share your comments. We value all of our guests' comments as they are a great feedback tool for training and redirection. I am sorry that your stay was interrupted by slamming doors. Please feel free to contact me at kshisler@mhccinc.com so we can discuss how I can make this right. I want our guests to feel that their needs have been accommodated. Thank you.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I wish I would have looked here for the reviews before we stayed here. Probably would have gone to the Hampton Inn, instead.
We checked in about 6:30 pm and the place was dead, which considering how early it was, that wasn't a surprise. The man at the desk quoted us a price of 125 a night just as the woman at the desk was telling the guy on the phone that the room was 105 a night. Same room- two queen beds. Also he didn't ask if we had AAA or ARP discounts or the reward program. Every place I've ever stayed, they usually ask that. He just seemed really uninterested. Maybe he was just having a bad day.
The room was pretty dim. I know that they have a new energy saving plan. It's probably been around for awhile, but I've spent a lot of nights on the road this year and this was the first place I've ever seen it. You stick your key in a slot in the room and that way you can control the lights and air conditioner, then you take your key with you when you leave. I guess so you can't leave the air conditioner on when you aren't in the room. I'm all for saving the earth and everything, but the rooms should be bright enough to see in, right? Anyway, it was kind of weird.
The breakfast was great and the woman who ran the breakfast room was super nice. Still, I won't stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank behindeverycloud
mkshis_11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this review, 19 September 2011
Thank you for your comments. All of our guests comments are greatly appreciated. Our rates can very depending on the occupany. So, while you were quoted one rate at check-in, the clerk on the phone could very well have been quoting a different rate for a different day. The clerks should always be positive and have a helpful attitude. I am sorry this was not the case. We do have an energy savings system. The system controls the air unit, entry light and bathroom lights. All fixtures should have ample lighting, I am not sure what happened in the room you stayed in. I do not want our guests to leave feeling that we have not met their expectations and would like to make this right. Please feel free to contact me with your concerns at --------. Thank you.