“Great food”

LoLo American Kitchen
Ranked #15 of 102 Restaurants in Hudson
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Ladies night out. The food was excellent. The drinks were not my favorite. The restaurant was really busy. There is a bar downstairs to have drink while you wait. The downstairs is much quieter. Upstairs has a deck to eat outside with a view of the river. The upstairs is loud. I recommend the watermelon salad. I also had the Pork cubano tacos which were fabulous. Definitely ear there again.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Our first trip to LoLo was on a very busy Friday night prime time. We knew we wouldn't be able to get in, but tried anyway. Was an hour wait, so we left and would try again.

Went on a Sunday around 1 and got in right away. Was pretty busy. Very nice restaurant. Hostess and waiter were great. We both had tacos, Korean and pork, one with fries and one with potato salad. Potato salad was good, but would get fries next time. Had good Oktoberfest beer along with it.

Atmosphere was very nice. Would go back again!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I've been waiting for so long for some excellent restaurants to hit the market and I just can't hold back my excitement for this latest gem we found thanks to a recommendation from our pal Taco (which by the way, is a fitting nickname which you'll understand a little later on). Whelp, It's time for me to stop listening to the Backstreet Boys and let it all go! Let you all know about this amazing new place.

With three locations to choose from, one in Stillwater and their original, one in downtown Hudson and the other in the MSP airport for all you following the Boys on tour, Lolo American Kitchen & Craft Bar is not a place you can pass up. My wife and I were looking for something new to try (as always) and we're glad Taco mentioned this place to us. We decide don the Hudson location, which hasn't been opened very long right on the main drag of Downtown Hudson.

I started to review the menu just before we headed out and items were catching my attention, left and right. A coupe of items really caught my attention and they all were coming from their tacos and dogs menu. Now, for those who know me best, I'm a huge stickler when it comes to tacos. So many places try to make tacos, but the large majority simply fail. And, not just the authentic version, but failing with the Americanized versions as well. But, there was something about LoLo's creations that was catching my attention and telling my belly to go for it.

My wife and I decided to share their Korean BBQ Hanger Steak Tacos and their Fish Tacos. Now before I share the ingredients in creating these two masterpieces, I have to just say it right away, easily two of the best Americanized tacos I've ever had (I hope LoLo's ownership isn't offended by that, because they shouldn't be!).

Lets start with the Korean Tacos. Made obviously with a Korean BBQ and Hanger Steak, but also prepared with napa (cabbage), pickle (definitely house prepared) and this insanely awesome aioli. So good, it would make you want to get out of your chair and start dancing like the Boys do. Seriously, So dang delicious! As for those Fish Tacos, well, just as insane. Perfectly prepared fish fillets, lightly battered and prepared with a creamy chimichurri sauce, salsa, avocado and cabbage. Their creamy chimichurri sauce was the best chimichurri I've ever had and I wanted more. Thankfully, their awesome smoked salt fries comes with a side of it that didn't last long.

We can't forget about the little guys' burger or this new craft brew I tried. My little guys' simple cheese burger, might of been simple, but it was an awesome burger! Even he ate most of it! And the brew that I had, well it was something I've never had before and I hope I can find it in liquor stores. New Holland's - Lost Dune, a coriander and blueberry golden ale that had a really nice color and and even better flavor.

Jam on 'cause LoLo's DEFINITELY got it goin' on and I can't wait to head back for some delicious food. And, if you decide to visit the Hudson location ask to sit in Zack Morris' section, yes the same Zack from Saved By The Bell. No, not really, but that's what he told us because there's two Zack's, but this real life Zack did an exceptional job and a great server.

#knowbeforeyougo

Reviewed 8 August 2017

So sad no brussel sprouts! Hostess super unfriendly - 2 people did open table. She said our table would be ready soon. She sat several newly arriving couples about ten minutes later sat us at a table that was right by door open the entire time. Food was great so will try again...

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Have eaten here several times since they opened and have made it a point to not have the same thing twice. Everything is phenomenal!!! I think my favorite so far is the salmon burger, no wait the Korean BBQ tacos, or was it the lamb burger...nevermind, it's all good. Besides the great food their wine list, beer list and specialty cocktails have something for everyone. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and the owner works!!! You can find him behind the bar, waiting tables, running food all while greeting and thanking the customers.