“Good Chinese restaurant”

Ranked #23 of 41 Restaurants in Greenfield
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 27 August 2016

The other night my female work friends and I dined at Lychee Garden restaurant. Their menu has a lot of variety in Chinese cuisine. Moderately priced entrees. We all had the buffet which is $11.50 per adult. It wasn't the typical fried buffet on most buffets but had lots of choices for everyone including egg foo yung, egg rolls, BBQ ribs, wings, chicken with vegetables,beef and broccoli, sweet and sour pork, fried rice, etc. They switch the entrees on the buffet menu regularly. The parking lot easy access and always full on weekends. The decor is a little out dated but the service was great and the food was delicious. I have eaten there before where I ordered off the menu and had Moo Shu Pork with Mandarin pancakes. Very delicious.

1  Thank BJ W

Reviewed 21 July 2016

We arrived around 7PM and found a few tables being used. The buffet was well past its prime and most entrees looked dry and not appetizing. We both ordered off of the menu.

My wife had the chicken fried rice and it was very satisfying. I ordered the pork subgum and even adding soy sauce couldn't coax enough flavor out to be satisfying. Almonds existed but were not plentiful. The pork was stringing, pale and not very tasty. My choice was not a good one. The egg roll was large and won ton was good.

Reviewed 19 May 2016

This place is old school american chinese..........so american that no asian was seen in the place?
We went for the buffet and the food was fine, with enough options to satisfy us all. Excellent service and a pleasant dining room.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

I have been to this restaurant before when I am in the Milwaukee area. I enjoy a clean and tasty Chinese buffet. A buffet allows me to try an array of samplings that the restaurant has to offer. I have seen some changes at this restaurant as far as the food is concerned. The food has no flavor it tastes like La Choy out of the can. Everything I tasted was bland, I am not tasting any ginger or soy sauce. I am not tasting any celery or onions. I try a fried ''tater tot' and that has MORE FLAVOR (onion flavor)than any of the Chinese entrees I have had. I have to add the tables soy sauce and the buffets Sweet&Sour sauce for anything to have flavor. Their egg rolls are better than most restaurants. Too many Chinese restaurants TRY to serve me ''food service'' frozen and then refrigerated egg rolls that are not made ''in-house''. I do not dine out at a restaurant for items of the ''grocery/food service'' store quality. The egg foo young is so sloppy and greasy! The lunch staff is very efficient and cordial. At dinner time some of the wait staff can be pushy and unfriendly and not letting the customer choose where they would like to be seated. I witnessed a customer who was disabled with a cane wanting to have the buffet and sit at a table right next to the buffet be turned down for that table. The waitress was acting as if that table had to be ''reserved'' for some dignitary that might ''drop-in'' on this evening (12/19/15 Sat.).

1  Thank Jeep057
Reviewed 13 November 2015

This restaurant has been here for years. The owner is a lovely lady who greets all of her guests individually when she is in house. The buffet isn't huge but offers everything from soup to dessert. The deep fried chicken is my favorite along with whatever type of fried rice they're serving. They offer the buffet for lunch, but the quantity seems to be smaller. There is a separate bar area if you want to have a drink without sitting in the main dining room. In addition to the buffet they have a separate menu with decent prices and you can get anything on the menu to go. When in a hurry we'll run in and pick up a to go plate and serve ourselves from the buffet. It's the same price as if you ate it in house, but at least you get the variety instead of just ordering off the menu. The inside of the restaurant has lovely cypress wood that is unique. Well worth the visit.