“What a wonderful place to”

Heidel House Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Green Lake
Reviewed 26 May 2012

My wife and myself along with 3 other couples just spent 3 nights at the Heidel House Resort. The Heidel House is fantastic. The location is fantastic. The view of Green Lake from rooms were fantastic. The hotel staff are all super helpful and friendly. Everyone we experienced at this hotel was great! The rooms were large and clean. The towels were lush, the toiletries that were provided were lovely. I would not think of staying anywhere else in the Green Lake area, especially if you will be visiting Green Lake on a golfing vacation. The the large whirl pool was great after a day on the links.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jerry A

Reviewed 22 May 2012

We started our annual trip to the Heidle House at least 15 years ago.
The beautiful and relaxing atmosphere keeps you wanting more.
With the specials available off season it is even more attractive.
Nobody is perfect but they are close.

Room Tip: If you can swing it get a Deluxe Lake-view room
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George F
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Arrived on Saturday May 12, 2012, 4 hours early, not able to check in but front desk took my cell phone number and were nice enough to call us a hour later to let us know out room was ready. The facility is a beautiful venue for outdoor fuctions, that said the rest is pretty disappointing. Hotel rooms are old and dated, except for beds and TVs. The banquet facilities
are average and the food very disappointing. We attended a wedding and the bars were under-staffed, tables over-crowded and service staff seemed over-whelmed? We would visit again just for the beauty of the location, but would dine elsewhere.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a good room?
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
HeidelHouseGM, Manager at Heidel House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Heidel House Resort & Spa. I apologize that you found some aspects of your stay to be disappointing. Though I am pleased the front desk staff provided the level of hospitality we expect, it’s unfortunate that the food service and quality lessened your experience. We strive for the highest of standards in all aspects of hospitality, and I regret that we did not meet these expectations. I have made our Food & Beverage Director aware of these issues.

We value you as a guest and would hope you give us another opportunity to meet your expectation. Thank you again, your feedback is very valuable.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

I spent the summers of my youth growing up in Green Lake at my grandparents' summer home. They were from Ripon where my mother was raised. Green Lake holds a very special place in my heart. To be able to return and stay at Heidel House is as comforting and fun as being in my family cottage. Thank you for the care you give to your guests. We especially want to thank Angel and Joanie at Grey Rock. They certainly are exceptional ladies who excel at their jobs. Heidel House does well by them. You can also be very proud of your front desk and Sunroom staffs.
What ever you are doing, keep it up. It's working. We look forward to a return visit.

Gratefully,
Sherry and Lloyd Van Roekel

Room Tip: Lake view rooms are worth the price. We were on the 4th floor, very roomy and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sherry V
Reviewed 8 May 2012

This was our fourth stay over the years at the Heidel House. We had a ground floor lake view room for 2 nights. You could slide open the door and sit in 2 chairs (provided) or walk the 20 acre grounds, or do some casting off the pier as my wife did. It was opening week end for people who like to fish. It was also the City wide garage sale, for those who like to rummage.

But to get back on track, the room had 2 comfortable queen size beds and a couch, desk, flat screen HD TV, refrig, but no microwave, small sink (wet bar), dressers, free WIFi. Also had an ironing board and iron. Large bath tub, ceiling heat lamp. It was clean.

Don't know why but had to call desk after 5 pm of second day to have coffee re-stocked, baskets emptied. Desk lady asked me,"you wanted that done?" I said I usually found it was done with out me asking. Saw no notice on door, etc. that you had to ask for cleaning , etc. That said, cleaning staff showed up quickly and did a great job.

The Evensong Spa across the street is great. Has been there since '06 but first time we used it. I went one day and my wife went both days we were there. For a min. of $10/day you can use the sauna, whirlpool, etc. Other services extra, of course. Really recommend it to you.

Ate at the Grey Rock the second night there. Have eaten there before. Would do so again. A small problem with sparkling wine not being very sparkling but our waiter "Josh" took it back and returned with some with bubbles in it. It's about a gourmet as you are going to get within at least a 20 mile radius. Beautiful views, good staff, chef knows his stuff too.

Had breakfast at the Sunroom restaurant on Sunday. Was good. Nice views, good staff.

Room Tip: We like the Main Lodge/Lac verde lake view rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
38.4 km away
Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center
35 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh

Been to Heidel House Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK