“Excellent brisket”

Ranked #37 of 501 Restaurants in Green Bay
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 11
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 8 September 2016

I enjoyed a good lunch plate with beef brisket. It was very tender and juicy, flavored just right. Outdoor seating consists of three picnic tables. Parking is limited but the nearby streets provide more. Dining space inside is limited but the interior is well decorated and has a good smoked in BBQ smell.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

I'm from the south, and I've eaten a lot of BBQ, and this was right up there with the best. I had the Cowboy Plate, a meat with two sides. I had brisket, and it was excellent, moist not soggy, well smoked and seasoned, and just the right bit of crunch. For sides I had the beans and coleslaw. Fairly typical coleslaw, but good and again, not a soggy mess like you get from some places. The beans were a bit of a surprise, a spice in them (cinnamon, I think?) that was not what I'm used to with BBQ. Not bad, just not what I usually like. They serve the plate with two slices of white bread, which none of us ate.

We ate in, there are a half dozen tables. You order at the counter and they bring the food to you. We had tea, homemade and good, but they have various soda's and other drinks in a cooler for purchase. Lots of the traffic was takeout.

I'll definitely go there again, but I won't order the beans and I'll ask them to hold the bread, no sense in wasting it. Great find up here!

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

This is what barbecue is all about. It's a no nonsense small building with some tables inside. The food is out of this world. I can't wait to go back. I got the ranger plate so I could try some of everything and I could barely eat half. I can't say I had a favorite because all of it was delicious! The brisket, pork, ribs were all heavenly and the potato salad and coleslaw were homemade and to die for. I left wishing I had a bigger stomach!

I can't wait to return to Green Bay for some more!

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Great barbecue and sweet tea. Good sides too. Friendly staff and super nice. Would definitely visit again!
Gotta hit 100

Reviewed 24 July 2016

Everything we had was fresh and perfectly cooked. I am sure the pulled pork has been reviewed a thousand times and it is still delicious. Fresh cole slaw, wonderful ribs with a delicious dry rub and a bit of spicy bbq made them perfect! You can buy it by the pound or by the plate.
So it is hard to find, little on the left as you are headed downtown. Well worth the treasure hunt. We will stop in next year when we visit town.