All reviews lazy river bunk beds the outdoor hot tub water park passes lambeau field stuffed animals water slides life guards family suite kids loved the water park breakfast buffet packer game mini fridge bay beach we've stayed coffee maker green bay area
Reviewed 6 July 2016

The hotel lobby is fantastic and very warm and welcoming. The staff at the desk didn't act overly excited to have customers and they were ready to just go through the motions to get you checked in and to your room and out of their hair. I have 2 kids under 12 so they were both excited to get to the water park. The park was fun but for my older one there wasn't much to do other than the 2 water slides and the lazy river. Everything else seems geared towards smaller children. My children did have fun and as an adult I will say that the lazy river and the slides were fun. I did really enjoy the hot tub but there were ALWAYS small children in it, even though there is a large sign that clearly states children under the age of 6 are not allowed in the hot tub due to a Wisconsin law. This didn't ever seem to be enforced and life guards walking by could have cared less who was in the hot tub. The life guards in general didn't smile, acted like they were bored out of their mind, and honestly I wouldn't want to rely on any of them to save someone in trouble. On the slides the female life guards almost looked to roll their eyes every time you came up the slide. The guys and the girls wouldn't tell you if it was ok to go. They'd rather just sit there and look absolutely miserable. I live near a major water park in Virginia and I get that life guards cannot make a lot of eye contact with you because they are busy watching the water, however, I've never seen a group of teens so absolutely miserable in a job. Ever. I guess they don't realize that customers are job security.

As for the room...we had 2 Queen Beds. One of the beds had two blood stains on the sheet. The beds were hard and not very comfortable to sleep on. I've slept in much more comfortable beds at a Hampton Inn or Residence Inn. The toilet obviously hadn't been cleaned in weeks as it had a nasty ring on the bottom. The bathroom was so tight it was difficult to get in and out of the tub comfortably.

The game room was ok. The kids had a blast blowing through $20 worth of coins in less than a half hour. Some of the games such as the skee-ball didn't score correctly but that's not a big deal. The kids had fun and the games were ok.

Went to the bar that night and the bar tender was nice and friendly. Drinks were ok, nothing special.

The next morning we went to the breakfast buffet as the kids didn't want to leave the hotel for breakfast. It was expensive, especially since you can get the same exact breakfast for free in a continental breakfast at another hotel. The food was ok.

Overall, I'm good with one night at this hotel and I don't think that I would return unless they had some major changes such as the cleanliness and attitude of the staff. When you travel, its nice to see smiling faces and to be welcomed by people who value your money and the fact that you are their job security. The deciding factor to stay at this hotel was the fact that we have Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg, Va which charged $325 per night for almost the same type of room we had gotten at the Tundra Lodge for $120. I'd rather just take my money and go to a different hotel with a free breakfast and indoor pool. The kids will have just as much fun and you will sleep better AND have more money in your wallet.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Jhager45, General Manager at Tundra Lodge Resort Waterpark & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2016

Thank you for sharing your comments and feedback - we do hope to see you again in the future and appreciate you staying at the Lodge.

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

This places is awesome!! If you bring your family here I am sure they will have an amazing time. Only part I didn't like is that they did not make my bed while I was out, just replaced the towels. The staff was very nice and very helpful. Will definitely come back here in the near future.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your comments and feedback! We are excited you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed one night in a basic two queen suite. The room was clean. Appreciated the extra little couch area. The room is not high end, but just fine for the family. The water park is a nice size. It was clean. Most of the lifeguards seemed bored and some what inattentive, but I generally liked the place. We didn't try the restaurant. Decent stay. Great value. The lobby is impressive.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments - we are excited you enjoyed your stay at the Lodge and look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Reviewed 29 June 2016

I've stayed here several times with a group for one night each time. The Northwoods theme and atmosphere is charming and the lobby is very inviting. The rooms are larger and continue that woodsy theme. The only rooms I have stayed in were mini suites, with a lounging area and separate bedroom. They all had refrigerator and microwaves as well. While not luxurious, they were comfortable.

I have never used the waterpark, but have looked upon it through the vast window in the lobby, and it looked like the kids were having fun.

The food in the restaurant and in the bar are OK; basic American fare. Breakfast buffet not so great.

This seems like a good place for families with kids.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Jhager45, General Manager at Tundra Lodge Resort Waterpark & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments! We are excited you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future! Safe Travels!

Reviewed 22 June 2016

On June 17th our party of 6 checked into two rooms at the Tundra Lodge. My 26 year old daughter took her 3 year old nephew to the waterpark and started to play in the outside children’s wading area. Almost immediately upon using the facility, my daughter stepped on a broken grate which was submerged in about 6” of water and severely cut her foot in numerous places. The worst was a deep cut on her pinkie toe, which went to the bone. She required 8 stitches in her toe and IV antibiotics due to the chip in the bone due to the cut.
The outside area does not have lifeguards but there is an adjacent concession stand. My daughter managed to walk over and inform the high school aged girl working there that not only did she need medical attention but that the wading area was dangerous to the other guests using it and needed to be closed. She sat down and waited. No one came. In fact, no one came for 20 minutes until the rest of our party found her at the pool and sought assistance.
I spoke to the concession worker. I spoke to the closest lifeguard. She called for the pool manager (a college aged boy) who arrived with a mop to clean up the blood rather than attend to my daughter. Despite the blood on the deck and in the water from the cut; they continued to let guests use the area. Finally Louis (who identified himself as the manger on duty but later that night revealed that he was only a supervisor and could not make any decisions) called for an ambulance. Five hours in the emergency room later, Louis informed me that the real manager had been informed and would meet with me in the morning.
The next morning Jason [--] introduced himself as the general manger and part of the ownership group of the hotel. I informed him that naturally I expected the hotel to comp our rooms, pay for the medical expenses and lost wages as my daughter could not return to work for a week per the doctor. I also expressed my dismay at the obvious lack of training his staff receives in dealing with serious injury on the property. Mr. Hager assured me that their insurance company would contact me first thing Monday morning, and refused to immediately comp the room. All he did was offer me his business card.
On Tuesday my daughter finally did hear from the insurance company who said the hotel was not contesting the claim and that all expenses would be covered, except the room cost! That was the hotel’s responsibility and the agent could not believe that wasn’t immediately taken care of. Mr. [--]: When your own representative is incredulous of your poor customer service, your hotel has a serious problem.
Waterparks have inherent dangers. They are wet, they are slippery. I’m sure incidents happen all the time, presumably not as severe as what happened to my daughter. But if you are planning to stay at one, please consider taking your family somewhere else. If something should happen you will want a better trained staff and a competent management team. You will find neither at the Tundra Lodge.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family