“Really?”
Review of Aloft Green Bay

Ranked #30 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
Reviewed 3 June 2017

We have stayed at this Aloft before. The beds are comfortable and I prefer the option of not having daily housekeeping visits that is offered.
That being said, we arrived 45 minutes before official 3 pm check in time for a 3 night stay. The lobby was empty except for the one young woman at the libby kiosk. I was very courteous in acknowledging that we were a bit early, but was it possible to check in? The reply was " No, sorry "
I don't recall that EVER hapoening to me before, at any chain. At the very least ask our names and put on the pretense of checking if there might be a room ready! Maybe check if we are SPG members?
I left feeling that I was expecting too much.....customer service.

Room Tip: Nice river views on east facing rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
eschaick, General Manager at Aloft Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Aloha Pickycarol,

I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Thank you for being our guest and for taking time to tell us about your recent experience with us. I am so very sorry that the front desk did not explain further regarding check in. At the time of your arrival the hotel appeared quiet but we did not actually have any clean rooms due a group of guests checking in earlier taking the clean rooms we had available. We also were sold out the night before limiting our early check in availability. Thank you for your feedback as I will work with my team in ensuring they always just double check for our guests and with our refresh team. We always want to relay information to our guests in a friendly and accommodating manner so I am very sorry we fell short with this. If you are in town again please email or call me and we will be sure we have a room ready for early arrival with a welcome gift. Thank you for being our guest!

Cheers!

elizabeth.schaick@aloftgreenbay.com
920-593-6006 direct

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

My family stayed here recently for a wedding at Heritage Hill. You cannot get any closer, and it was an excellent location.

There is no bathroom door. Just a large wood panel that slides to cover the opening. There's no lock on the "door" and it was a nightmare with small kids.

The walls are so thin, you can hear people running down the hall, it's very noisy and my kids were afraid someone was trying to break in while they were trying to sleep.

Be prepared to be awake as soon as the sun rises, because the shades do not block the light. The beds are comfortable. The pool & hot tub were nice, and the common area near the bar was cool.

The staff was friendly & accommodating with our large group. We used a conference room for hair & makeup prior to the wedding and it worked perfectly.

It's unlikely we will stay here again with small kids (4 & 7), it's just not practical.

Stayed: April 2017
2  Thank Nicolle M
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

After staying here 3 times before I visited in early April of this year for a Sunday evening on business and was pretty disappointed.

I was less than delighted to find that the Regatta Club, the restaurant directly behind the hotel had closed as it was wonderful, but this is not Aloft's doing and I digress...

I was staying here because of my past positive experiences but unfortunately this time was not so great and I'm not sure I would return. My room seemed a bit shabby, like no updates have been done and the carpet and furniture had started to show wear. The thing I was most upset about and the loss of another star was the food mess and smeared into the carpet cupcakes that were never cleaned up during my stay, even after I had informed the front desk. My suitcase literally had frosting in the wheels. I will now look for other options when staying in the area.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Kate N
eschaick, General Manager at Aloft Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Aloha Kate N.,

Thank you for taking time to complete a review on your recent stay with us. I do apologize that it was not memorable. I am going through this weekend and inspecting rooms as I do daily to see if we have an with bad carpet as we just had all of our carpet replaced the beginning of the year. We also have had new beds installed and have new desk chairs on the way. Our entire lobby was also renovated in the last year. We are in the middle of the guest room and hallway side of renovations currently with the backyard and pool area to follow. Cleanliness is something we pride ourselves on and certainly can control. We discussed your comments as a team to ensure this never happens again. If you would like to call me to discuss ways we can make this right further please do, my number is 920-593-6006 or my email is Elizabeth.schaick@aloftgreenbay.com. Thank you for being so kind as to bring these comments to my attention so we can improve. The restaurant behind us will be opening in June, they closed down for renovations.

Have a wonderful Weekend, Cheers!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

One star is generous. I called to cancel my reservation, but according to them there is no record of me calling. I've try persistently to work with the general manager but after a couple emails between us she is now ignoring me. No reply to emails or calls.

Good luck getting a refund if you need to cancel your reservation and good luck getting any help from the general manager when you need it. Customer service must not be part of GM job requirements.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jason S
eschaick, General Manager at Aloft Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear Jason S.,

Thank you for your review. I do apologize for any confusion as I had emailed you stating we were unable to refund you as the CVB charges you and it was past their cancelation policy to honor and refunds from your pre-payment. They have also decided they are unable to refund you as well due to the cancelation policy. I have not received any further email communication from you and have checked my junk box as well with no further communication since my last response from you. I again apologize as per the cancelation policy being two week prior to arrive when the housing closed the CVB accepts no refunds as they are the party that charged you not the hotel. We do wish you well.

Cheers,

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

The property has no manager or general manager on duty to help you. You can call SPG but nobody will still help you. All you can do is survive through the cold air from the heater in the extreme cold weather with the blankets and never return to this hotel

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Aloha Vinay N,

It was wonderful to meet you this morning. I again apologize as I was off site yesterday for a team volunteer project. Thank you for understanding that after the heaters hit 80 they do start to cool down to prevent over heating. We will ensure your microwave and space heater are in your room for your arrival next week. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Thank you for being our guest!

Cheers!