See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 December 2016

Good hotel but did not provide any breakfast of any type. This hotel did not require
a two night minimum for the Packer game which made our trip to the game not as expensive as it could have been. Easy to get to game by cab.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Based on the price, pictures and other reviews of this motel, I was expecting a dated building with perhaps slow internet or poor air conditioning. Unfortunately my expectations were set too high. We arrived at the motel around 7pm and there was nobody in the main office. Finally after about 5 minutes a woman appeared who didn't speak any English at all. She called for someone else who checked us into our room. I understand that sometimes people live in motels, but I was still slightly disturbed by all the people who were just sitting outside staring at us while we unloaded our things into our room. After seeing the exterior of the building (which is much more dated than advertised) I was pleasantly surprised by the room. At this point we were feeling a bit unsettled by all the bystanders but we unpacked for the night only to discover that there wasn't Internet at all... No, it wasn't just slow, it didn't even exist. So my friend who works from home on the internet couldn't do her work. At some point I went back out to the car to bring in some items we'd forgotten only to find two men who were still sitting out at a picnic table. They watched me the entire time I was outside. One even approached me and asked me if I had any pizza....??? He followed me back inside but thankfully left me alone. We were feeling even more disturbed at this point, a quick internet search informed us that three sex offenders live at the motel as their permanent residence. The two men who had been watching me in the parking lot were both convicted 2nd degree sex offenders and we had also been placed in a room next to a 1st degree sex offender. We decided we couldn't stay and feel comfortable so we left without any clue as to where we would go (the two men were still outside watching.) Thankfully AmericInn accepted us and we were able to get a good night's sleep in a safe environment. Don't waste your time and money here. Spend a little extra and go somewhere safe.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank Amanda F
Reviewed 2 August 2016

I was a bit late in booking a room for the week-long EAA Airventure event in Oshkosh. By the time I tried to get a room, all hotels in Oshkosh, as well as any town within 40 miles, were either booked, or they were charging exorbitant prices. I found a room available at the Village Inn for a very low price. At this price, I must admit that I had set the bar pretty low for what I expected. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were very friendly, the room was clean, and the daily maid service was prompt and thorough. The hotel shows its age, but the walls were freshly painted and the room was clean. The location is in a nice, clean area that is centrally located in Green Bay near the Fox River. I have stayed at many big-name hotels, for much higher prices, that were not as good as the Village Inn. The only minor problem I had was the (free) WiFi service seemed pretty weak and somewhat slow where my room was located. I would not hesitate to book a room at the Village Inn again - and I will probably do so for next year's Oshkosh Airventure week.

Room tip: Request a room in the section that has indoor hallways (like a hotel) - not the section where rooms are entered from the outside (motel).
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 November 2015

We came to town for a Monday night Packers game and this was the only hotel left that would let us stay for just the one night. I am not sure if there are normally others, but Green Bay should step their game up in that department because I would never normally choose to stay here and would have loved to have stayed at another hotel in the area for the same price. At non game day prices, it would be reasonable, but we paid more than I've probably ever paid for a hotel in my life and I have stayed at some pretty nice places. The staff wasn't rude, but they weren't super kind or anything. It also was not in a bad part of town, which I have read on other reviews. I never felt like I was in any danger and our room was relatively clean, except for the carpets. They felt very damp and I definitely did not walk around in there without my shoes. Our room door was very hard to open and shut and the AC unit did not work very well. The wifi worked fine for us and there were some prepackaged pastries out for breakfast when we went to check out in the morning. The other amenities were very basic, but acceptable for their normal average price. Next time, we will definitely find a hotel that is farther out and still along the free shuttle ride. Lessons learned for next time!

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2015

The management (owner) has a nasty attitude like like he is doing you a favor. I was afraid of bedbugs, the room was so disgusting. The mattress had a cover that made crunching noises when you moved around. The comforter on the bed was stained and probably hadn't been washed in years. Housekeeping is lousy. The garbage bags weren't changed. The cleaners are vagrants who look like alcoholics. I wouldn't trust them in my room! This motel looks like a haven for drug users, dealers and prostitution. Complained about the Wi-fi service which sucked! Why advertise FREE if you can't get any service? DO NOT stay here! If you are desperate for a place to stay, drive to another county. I should have read the reviews before hand. The manager is an arrogant, nasty old man who thinks he can run a crappy motel because of tourists like me. Health department needs to do an inspection. I do not believe that anything in the room is actually cleaned before the next visitor. I will never stay here again for obvious reasons. Embarrassing for Green Bay and the Packers.

Date of stay: June 2015