“Never again!!!”

Comfort Suites
Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
“Never again!!!”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Our stay was horrible the rooms were dated and dirty !!! Hotel staff including management sucked and were rude !!! Management pretty much told us they didn't care and we were lying to them !!!

• Stayed March 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Elroy, Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 January 2012

This is a great hotel to spend the night at with the kids. Kiddie pool and water slide are awesome for younger kids. The water slide does not empty into the pool so even my three year old was able to go down without assistance. The pool has basketball hoops which kept our older boys happy. It is a large hotel, so request a room close to the pool. Rooms are typical for Comfort Suites - roomy and everything is up to date. My only complaint is access is a bit tricky from the road and other than the attached restaurant, there are no other food establishments within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
CSGreenBay, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Bill,

Thank you for staying with us at our Comfort Suites and we are very happy to hear that your family enjoyed our Splash Water Attraction. We find that since our remodel of our pool area so many families with children genuinely enjoy the attraction. Hopefully we will see you the next time your travels bring you to Green Bay.

Sincerely

Aaron Wolf
Director of Sales
NJ/NY
Reviewed 19 January 2012

CS has lots of parking so you'll need a car sine its 3.3 miles away from downtown. The reception area is average and the front desk greeted me somewhat nicely. Fay and Devon were...I'll get back to this later. I got to the room and I have to say it was nice and roomy. Huge in room jacuzzi, flat screen t.v., living room area and king size bed. Pillows were small but not nit-picking. The only criticism i have about the room being that i was on the 2nd floor facing the indoor pool area. I want to sleep in but couldn't because there were kids playing in the pool that sounded like i had a window open. Beware of rooms from the 250's thru 270's even numbers. The room was very clean and they want to tidy up your room every day. If you don't want them too, put the sign on the door. 1951 West is very nice. Good food and reasonable prices. The bar area very nice with flat screens all around. I love the Green Bay area. I like Fay at the front desk but DEVON has attitude issues. This guy need to be retrained in customer service. I want to call for a cab in the front desk area. Fay said Devon would be able to call one for me so I can go into town and eat. When I asked Devon if he could call for me he asked me if I had a cell phone. I did but was on my last cell since I just got to Green bay and was starving. He told me to call a taxi myself. Okay I let that go. Later that night I realized I didn't have tooth paste. When I asked him if there was any available, it was like I was disturbing him and made it seem like it was too much trouble so this review gets minus 1/2 star. Fay stepped in and I asked her. She was kind enough to find some for me. CS please talk to this guy. Moving on, the CS did an outstanding job with the tailgate party in the grand ballroom. Continental breakfast is pretty good. For that I give back the 1/2 star.

Room Tip: rooms away that don't face the indoor pool is recommended.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Dr PJ2,

Thank you for your feedback on your past stay with us, we really enjoyed having your group at our Comfort Suites and sincerley apologize for the service issues you encountered. We continually work with our staff to ensure the best possible customer experience and unfortunately missed the bar during your stay. Again thank you for your stay with us and good luck to your team in the Superbowl.

Sincerely
Aaron
Director Of Sales
Crandon, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Stayed on a Friday night with our 3 young children just to get away from home and do something fun for one night. We checked in around 5PM on a Friday night and the young gentleman at the desk was not friendly, he wasn't rude but he wasn't welcoming, told us to use Door number 4 to get to our room which was incorrect and had us walking a little farther than necessary with all of our bags. The room was okay, nothing spectacular, not dirty but not overly clean either. The outside of the bathroom door looked as if it had never been cleaned. There was a white substance splashed all over it, looked like dried milk, other gross looking splashes of liquid ( I told myself it wasn't vomit, even though it looked like it could have been) and sticky spots, which looked like styling product such as hair spray. The room was a little dusty around the edges, the drapery was dusty and the top of the the furniture where most people don't touch had a lot of dust. The beds were comfortable and there were plenty of pillows on the king bed. The sofa sleeper worked well for our 3 children. They had a good selection of HD TV channels. The refrigerator in the room was nice to keep bottled water. The Water Attraction was the best part of our stay. The kiddie pool has a variety of splash features and a nice slide, which our kids used to race each other. The deeper pool went to 4-feet deep and had 2 basketball hoops. The hot tub was nice and not too hot. The waterslide was our favorite part. It was a very slow slide so even our 2-year old could go down all on his own! There is a bar area in the corner and was always staffed, even at 9 AM. The water in a the pools and on the slide was a very comfortable temp! We found the waterpark a nice size for our 3 children aged 6 years and under, just enough so they don't get bored but not so much it is overwhelming to them. Breakfast left much to be desired. The scrambled eggs were tasteless. The sausage were not horrible but could have been warmer. There were not made to order omlettes as we read about before our trip. Scrambled eggs, Boiled Eggs, Sausage, Toast/Bagels, Yogurt, Fruit, Donuts and Juice/Milk. We would probably stay again, just because the Water Attraction is great but I would look for weekends with lower rates as it is not worth $120/night! I would feel it a better deal at about $70-80/night.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
CSGreenBay, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
WITRAVLR,

Thank you for responding to your last stay with us at our Comfort Suites, I apologize that some of your stay wasn't fully up to your standards. For the past few years we have ranked in the top 3% by Choice hotels international standards based on customer feedback and inspection scores so we do try very hard to meet and exceed all customer expectations. We are also updating our bathrooms very shortly so those doors will likely be changed out. I am very glad that your children enjoyed our water attraction, that has become a favorite for families with small children. Thanks you for staying with us and hopefully we will see you in the future.

Aaron Wolf
Director of Sales
Comfort Suites Green Bay
Oconto Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We stayed here on a weeknight for a 50th birthday party in one of the banquet/party rooms. I found the rooms to be fairly quiet, didnt hear the neighbors or passers by too bad. The breakfast was nice, with omlettes made to order that were complimentary. I'd like to suggest adding peanut butter packs to the bread/toast area. The disappointment was in the room itself, which seemed very stale smelling, covered up by a fairly strong scented deodorizer or rug shampoo or something. When I tried to call the front desk to find out about the workout facility, the phone didn't work. Later when I went down to the desk, I told them & the two men at the desk acted like "oh"...not going to do anything about it. They just looked at each other, then asked what I called for and moved on. It's a pain not to have a room phone that works, can't call the desk, room service or friends rooms. They never did anything about it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family