Whistling Swan Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Fish Creek
See available hotels
Main Street Motel(Fish Creek)
View Hotel
By The Bay Motel(Fish Creek)
Homestead Suites(Fish Creek)
Little Sweden(Fish Creek)
Parkwood Lodge(Fish Creek)
View Hotel
All reviewssconesb bgranoladead of wintermid winterdoor countyhard boiled eggsgreen baynight's sleepget awaycontinental breakfastscottlobbyporchtatteredwallpaperfireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2011

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights as part of the perfect getaway package. We stayed in Suite 5 and really enjoyed our room, the general decor, staff and tasty continental breakfast. As part of the package we were offered a three course dinner for two at the in house restaurant and decided to go the first night. As a foodie and well traveled diner, I was hopeful but not expecting to be wowed. What a surpise! The dinner was incredible, one of the best meals I've had in Wisconsin, ranking up there with Sanfords and L'Etiole. The food was beautifully presented, sophisticated, generously proportioned and absolutely delicious. And our waiter was warm, knowledgeable, attentive and provided exceptional service. We enjoyed ourselves so much, we went back the next night to try a few new items and a couple of the standouts from the night before -- beet salad and stuffed poached pear. Again, the meal was exceptional.

We are headed back to Door County again this Spring and we are definitely planning to stay at the Inn and dine (twice) at the restaurant. If it's nearly as good as it was in January, we will make this a yearly pilgramage.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RandyandSara
Reviewed 18 October 2010

My husband and I recently ate at the Whistling Swan restaurant and were looking forward to it based on reviews here and at Yelp. When we arrived I loved the look of the dining room with the bar and fireplace, but we were seated in the porch which I thought was also very nice. I just read all the comments about it being stuffy, we were perfectly comfortable.

We started with an amuse bouche which we were disappointed in. It was a green gazpacho which had a lot of potential, but needed another component that would have made it much better.

We ordered the pork belly tacos and calamari as appetizers - both exceptionally good. My husband said the pork belly tacos were the best tacos he'd ever had, and I had to agree. These were executed perfectly.

For our main course we had the ribeye and the pork tenderloin, which we were a little disappointed in as well. The ribeye came with hen of the woods mushrooms which we were very excited about, but unfortunately they were overcooked and crispy, totally ruined. It was also served with a potato pie which sounded intriguing, unfortunately they left it in the fryer way too long and it was almost burnt, we were surprised the chef sent it out honestly. The sauce with the steak however was well done and the steak was cooked perfectly. The pork came with an interesting sauce which could have used a little more tang and the pancetta was was overcooked.

Overall we had a very pleasant experience at the restaurant. I have to admit that we have pretty high standards and are true 'foodies' but we were content with the meal we had. I did overhear one of the servers telling another guest that they were shorthanded in the kitchen and one of the servers was helping out in the kitchen. Which I find a little hard to believe, but would make sense because of the big inconsistencies in our food (ie overcooked pancetta but then perfectly cooked steak).

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank scampbell79
Reviewed 4 October 2010

The building, decor, and atmosphere was very nice. Location is great. We found the bed uncomfortable, the walls were thin, drafty, and we could hear bottles dumped in a dumpster from our room. We had the included breakfast and it was very good. We would still recommend staying here as long as you aren't a super picky crazy person.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Twark
Reviewed 18 September 2010

Stayed at the Whistling Swan B&B for 2 nights. The rooms were quite nice. Several of the rooms are ideal for small families with a separate sitting room and sofabed. The restaurant is visually promising, but the food was a big disappointment. The larger of the two seating areas, the porch, is hot and stuffy, and the floor has a substantial slant to it. I had a lamb dish that was tasteless.

If I were to go again, I would stay in the hotel, but would eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jazzman55
Reviewed 16 August 2010

We were in Fish Creek for 4 nights and saved The Whistling Swan for our last night dinner. What a disappointment.
The room was warm and stuffy. We were amazed at the poor service. our waiter only had one other table.
The tomato - peach salad was inedible. We were also disapponted in the entree's. The Pork tenderloin was infused with liquid smoke and the meatball dish was "Chef Boyardee"!
The complimentary aperitif was a combo of beet juice and cherry juice?
In short: overpriced, and pretentious.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple